Cannot find Citra

Issue:
After the canary update, I can no longer find Citra. Whenever I open the citra app it shows the message “Windows is searching for citra-qt.exe” It seems as if it had been removed from my laptop but the app can still be seen on my window task bar.

System Information

• Operating System:
  • CPU:
  • GPU:
  • Citra Version (found in title bar): 18??
  • Game: Pokemon X
  • Screenshot of Issue (include the full Citra window including titlebar):

Diagnostic Log
Upload your log file as an attachment by dragging & dropping.

In order to save a copy of the log, follow this guide:
https://community.citra-emu.org/t/how-to-upload-the-log-file/296

In order for us to provide better support, we need to see the log generated by Citra. This guide will walk you through how you can obtain the log file: How to Upload the Log File.

Hi, yes this seems to have been introduced in the latest update, the devs have been made aware. In order to fix it for now, follow these steps:

1. Try to launch citra through the start menu. That should make you get the pop-up:
    afbeelding

2. Press Browse.... A search window will open up, however: Windows may already find the issue and try to fix it itself --> You’ll get a pop-up called Problem with Shortcut. In which case you can simply press Fix it and it will automatically fix the issue. afbeelding
    If this doesn’t apply to you, continue to step 3.

3. Type %localappdata%/citra/canary into the address bar and press Enter if you’re trying to launch Citra Canary.
    Type %localappdata%/citra/nightly into the adress bar and press Enter if you’re tring to launch Citra Nightly.

4. Now select the citra-qt.exe file and you’re done!

This is from a old school emulator user don’t mind me