Cannot get any game to run properly

Hello,
Ive tried so much to get this to work. Installed different drivers, reinstalled yuzu, turned on and off and tweaked all settings in both yuzu and AMD adrenalin and yet no games run anywhere close to smooth.
BotW and Links Awakening wont even run. Botw is just a black screen and Links Awakening has the intro scene run in 1 FPS for a while before it just freezes up.
Kamiko and Untitled Goose Game (which should be running perfectly according to the compatibility list) run at 15FPS and it stutters so bad I dont really know where Im going if i try to play.

Ive got an AMD 5800x CPU and an AMD 6900 XT GPU with 32gb 3600 ram.

Log is attached from the last time I tried to run Link’s Awakening.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

yuzu_log.txt (216.6 KB)

System Information for Support

Client Version                               yuzu 1097
Operating System                             Windows 10 Version 21H2 (Build 19044.1826)
CPU                                          AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12-Core Processor             | AVX2 | FMA
Graphics API                                 Vulkan 1.3.212
Graphics Renderer                            AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT
GPU Driver Version                           AMD proprietary driver 2.0.226
CPU Accuracy                                 Auto
GPU Accuracy                                 High
Docked Mode                                  [x]
CPU Multicore                                [x]
Async GPU                                    [x]
Async Shaders                                [ ]

I did not find anything wrong in your log file. Please wait for a human moderator to assist.

Make sure to be running the optional GPU driver version 22.6.1.
For BotW to work, you must run the game updated, the base 1.0.0 version doesn’t has good compatibility.
For Link’s Awakening, you can try disabling GPU video decoding, AMD has terrible VP9 performance for some reason. You can find the option in Emulation > Configure > Graphics, NVDEC emulation.

I have 22.6.1 installed.
Changing NVDEC emulation to CPU has no effect (for better or worse, its just exactly the same)
BotW should still launch 1.0.0 right? I just get a black screen with no sound.

Try its current update, 1.6.0.

No change even with update 1.6.0
Just a black screen for BotW.

Try right clicking the game in yuzu’s list, Remove > Remove all pipeline caches.

Tried this, did not help.
I want to state once again, no games work well, not just BotW, but BotW and Link’s Awakening does not work at all.

I’m in the same boat:
BotW is just a black screen
Links Awakening runs at 1fps, doesn’t matter the settings I change

nothing runs correctly. I even reinstalled windows.

I’m only saying this because we both have the CPU an AMD 5900x

Can you post me a pic of the task manager in Performance > CPU while running yuzu?

Here you go, this is while trying to run BotW

Sorry, strong snows left me without internet or power for 3 days.
Handles are high, but not that much. This really seems system related, can you try manually installing the latest chipset driver?

Hello, installing latest chipset driver did not work.

I’m lost on this one, it’s clearly somehow system related but I can’t find the reason.

Everything launches in Ryujinx, but as that is OpenGL it does not run very well on my AMD hardware so i would really like to get this working.

I got a PM telling me that they had the same problem as me and got it working by running with an older version EA 2779, but i do not have access to the EA version.
Do you know what regular version is comparable to EA 2779 so i can test that?

The date range for that compared to mainline would be around Releases · yuzu-emu/yuzu-mainline · GitHub (page 6 Early June of this year)

I tried Yuzu 1040, BotW now runs completely smooth at 30fps with no stutter or FPS drops.

1 Like

Can you try the latest mainline?

Now with Yuzu 1114 it works. Awesome. I dont know what you did, but thank you.

1 Like