Cannot open Citra - MFPlat.DLL error

Issue:
When trying to open Citra on my PC, the program cannot open due to an error. I have tried restarting my computer, reinstalling Citra, updating my computer/drivers/etc.

System Information

• Operating System: Windows 10 64-Bit
  • CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600 Six-Core Processor 3.20 GHz
  • GPU: Radeon RX 580 Series
  • Citra Version (found in title bar): Citra Nightly 1774
  • Game: Pokemon Ultra Sun
  • Screenshot of Issue (include the full Citra window including titlebar):

citra error code

Diagnostic Log
Upload your log file as an attachment by dragging & dropping.

In order to save a copy of the log, follow this guide:
https://community.citra-emu.org/t/how-to-upload-the-log-file/296

In order for us to provide better support, we need to see the log generated by citra. This guide will walk you through how you can obtain the log file: How to Upload the Log File

I cannot access the log file as Citra won’t open. When I go to AppData - Roaming, there is no folder for Citra where I could find the log.

Do you have Windows 10 N edition? You can check what you have if you open for example dxdiag (do a simple for it search near Start).

If you do then you simply need to install the Media Feature Pack from Microsoft. The N edition of Windows 10 does not come with it by default.
https://www.microsoft.com/en-US/download/details.aspx?id=48231

Unfortunately that did not fix the problem.

I downloaded the media feature pack but when I check dxdiag, it still says my OS is Windows 10 Home N 64-bit

That is normal, you have a special edition of Windows 10.

Which pack did you install? 32-bit or 64-bit? x64 is 64-bit.

The missing .dll file is related to Media Pack as MF stands for Media Foundation.

I installed both packs, neither changed the error message.

Which Windows 10 N version are you on? You can check this by going to your Windows search bar and typing in winver. Open the prompt that pops up. It should tell you your Windows 10 update version.