Cannot Restart Any Pokemon Games

I cannot restart any of my Pokemon games:
I use Citra to run my Pokemon games and want to be able to do new playthroughs. I can’t figure out how to restart the games. I’ve tried the up>b>select thing, but it doesn’t register, and just takes me back and forth from the starting screens. What can I do for this? I’ve tried adjusting the controls and it doesn’t help. I’m not sure how to work it.

System Information

• Operating System: MacOSCatalina 10.15.7
  • CPU: 1.19%
  • GPU: Intel UHD Graphics 630 1536 MB
  • Citra Version (found in title bar): Citra Nightly 1587
  • Game: Any Pokemon 3ds
  • Screenshot of Issue (include the full Citra window including titlebar):

Diagnostic Log
Upload your log file as an attachment by dragging & dropping.

In order to save a copy of the log, follow this guide:
https://community.citra-emu.org/t/how-to-upload-the-log-file/296

In order for us to provide better support, we need to see the log generated by citra. This guide will walk you through how you can obtain the log file: How to Upload the Log File

You can try right-clicking on the game from the main Citra menu (before you start the emulation), pick “Open Save Data Location”, and then delete the main file that’s there. I’m pretty sure that works.

If you want to backup the save data before you restart, you can also save a copy of the main file in another folder, renaming it to whatever you like to remember what it is. And if you want to play on that file again, just rename it to main and put it back in the save data location.

The above method also requires you to delete the metadata file in the folder prior in the file path to the folder that contains the main file. Else the game will just respond with a “Save data is corrupted” softlock.