Cannot run ACNL at fullspeed?

Hi. I am so hyped because of ACNH, but I don’t even have a Switch.
So I decided to play Animal Crossing New Leaf, because of this Emulator. But I don’t know how to set it up correctly so that it can run at 100% with my processor. I dont care if at 30 or more or less FPS, but at least at 100%.
I rad just a few minutes ago in an other thread, that my processor needs at least 1800 points at a Benchmark Site to run smoothly, and mine has just 1800. So what should I do that I can use the full power of my Device?

System Information

• Operating System: Windows 10
  • CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3200U
  • GPU: Vega 3
  • Citra Version (found in title bar): (What titlebar?) Citra Nightly 1458(?)
  • Game: Animal Crossing New Leaf
  • Screenshot of Issue (include the full Citra window including titlebar):

Log: citra_log.txt (4.8 KB)

In order for us to provide better support, we need to see the log generated by Citra. This guide will walk you through how you can obtain the log file: How to Upload the Log File.

System Information for Support

Client Version                                Nightly 1458 HEAD-680ef64
OpenGL Vendor                                 null
OpenGL Renderer                               null
OpenGL Version                                null
Enable Hardware Renderer                      [x]
Enable Hardware Shader                        [x]
Hardware Shader, Accurate Multiplication      [ ]
Hardware Shader, Geometry Shaders             null
Enable Shader JIT                             [x]
Enable Vsync                                  null
System Region                                 -1

Here’s some issues I found with your log that might help.

• Enabling Accurate Multiplication is recomended in certain games. If you are experiencing graphical glitches, try enabling this option.

Sadly Radeon is a bottleneck for OpenGL applications such as Citra on Windows. To get more performance you would need to dual boot like Ubuntu(Linux distro) because there are open source Mesa drivers that are better for OpenGL for AMD GPUs. Also since this is a laptop you cannot simply swap graphics card(to Nvidia) like you can on desktop computers.

Can you explain the “dual boot”? What does that mean and how do I do this? Are them any risks for damaging something?

It means when you start your computer you can choose Windows or Ubuntu for example, so you install a second operating system on the computer. You don’t have to lose Windows for it.

It’s open source(so it’s free) and you just need to create a bootable flash drive and then pick install alongside Windows or something. You can also try Linux Mint for a more noob-friendly version(would be a bit more familiar if you only used Windows before):

Another popular distro is Manjaro but is not based on Ubuntu but Arch Linux so it’s a bit more advanced.

Oh, thank you very much. Maybe I will try it, I don’t know if it’s worth installing an whole new operating system for only playing one game. Is there really no other option getting Citra at full speed with Radeon?

Complain to AMD to improve their drivers for OpenGL :stuck_out_tongue: or wait and see if Citra will have like Vulkan in the next 10 years or whatever.

Ouf. If I knew this, I never bought this laptop… I hope Citra will have something like Vulkan. Or maybe I just wait until I will buy a PC WITHOUT anything from AMD :wink:

Ryzen is fine, just not Radeon :stuck_out_tongue: you can pair Ryzen with Nvidia.