Can't boot my game!

now, before anyone asks for a log of any kind, i haven’t been able to keep citra open long enough to grab the logs. citra closes entirely whenever i do anything after this, and i’ll try to find a log after uploading this, but for now, this is all the info i have.

im currently attempting to play a copy of pokemon x i recently decrypted, but whenever i open the file in citra, it shows a black screen. i don’t understand why. it’s decrypted the way it’s supposed to be, so i doubt it’s any problem with the file itself. im assuming there’s something wrong with the emulator.

if this seems stupid, it’s probably because i’ve only gotten around to trying to play something using citra recently, and i have little to no clue as to what im doing.

any help is appreciated!

In order for us to provide better support, we need to see the log generated by Citra. This guide will walk you through how you can obtain the log file: How to Upload the Log File.

like i said, citra closes before i can grab the log. im trying to get it via file hunting but im not having much luck.

Go to %appdata%\Citra\log and just upload citra_log here, maybe there is something in it.

i dont have citra downloaded to appdata, i have it on a file in my downloads area

All Citra builds use appdata as the default location for logs, settings and saves. Unless you created a new folder called user where citra-qt.exe is at which you shouldn’t do if you use the installer because if you uninstall Citra then all your saves will be removed too, you would only do this with “manual download”.

i downloaded citra and redirected the download to a file i named after the emulator.
i think i see my issue now, though. thank you!