Can't edit resolution_factor in Citra Nightly though text editor

citra_log copy.txt (34.0 KB)
Issue:
In qt-config.ini, after I set “resolution_factor” to 5 in Terminal, save, and run Citra Nightly again, no change to the resolution occurs, and when I look back to the file, “resolution_factor” is automatically set to 1.

Also, I can’t access configurations through Emulation > Config because the Config option doesn’t even show up. This means I can’t change the resolution through there, or make a log.

System Information

• Operating System: MacOs
  • CPU: Intel-core i7 8th gen
  • GPU: Radeon Pro 560X with 4GB of GDDR5 memory and automatic graphics switching
    Intel UHD Graphics 630
  • Citra Version (found in title bar): Nightly 1080
  • Game: Bravely Default
  • Screenshot of Issue (include the full Citra window including titlebar):

Diagnostic Log
Upload your log file as an attachment by dragging & dropping.

In order to save a copy of the log, follow this guide:
https://community.citra-emu.org/t/how-to-upload-the-log-file/296

In order for us to provide better support, we need to see the log generated by Citra. This guide will walk you through how you can obtain the log file: How to Upload the Log File.

The log folder is located on C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Roaming\Citra\log.
Open citra, try to access the config options, close citra and upload the citra_log.txt file located on the log folder.

I’m on MacOS. How do I go to that folder in MacOS? There’s no C: Drive

its on the same folder tree as your qt-config.ini, but on the folder log ~/.local/share/citra-emu/

I did not find anything wrong in your log file. Please wait for a moderator to assist.

huh i think i waste both of our time, anyway, the ‘Configure’ option on mac is under the ‘citra’ menu bar item.

1 Like