Can't load Citra after new updates

Issue:
After I installed the recent update for Nightly and Canary (12/11/20), I clicked on ‘Finish’ or ‘Exit’ whatever it says and just as I was about to load up the Nightly emulator I get a notification message telling me it can’t search for the file with .exe at the end and asks if I want to delete it or not. So I deleted Citra Nightly which now displays as a plain white paper app icon on the desktop instead of the Citra icon.
Right now I’m feeling very anxious and worried that I could lose ALL of the games save data if I am able to REINSTALL the emulator for it to work but since I previously installed it I’m asked to change the browser for the files to be placed and then I chose the main desktop, so if anyone is able to identify this issue please let me know as this has never happened before and all I did was click the Finish button at the end of the update installation and my laptop can’t load the application icon for Citra but luckily I still have the 3DS games folder.

In order for us to provide better support, we need to see the log generated by Citra. This guide will walk you through how you can obtain the log file: How to Upload the Log File.