Can't map the dpad on android with switch pro controller

Issue:
Enter a description of your issue here, in full detail.
can’t map the dpad on android (xiaomi) with switch pro controller wired but can will map the d-pad with ps4 controller just fine

System Information

• Operating System: android 11
  • CPU: Snapdragon 888
  • GPU: Adreno 660
  • Citra Version (found in title bar):
  • Game: pokemon x
  • Screenshot of Issue (include the full Citra window including titlebar):

Diagnostic Log
Upload your log file as an attachment by dragging & dropping.

In order to save a copy of the log, follow this guide:
https://community.citra-emu.org/t/how-to-upload-the-log-file/296

In order for us to provide better support, we need to see the log generated by Citra. This guide will walk you through how you can obtain the log file: How to Upload the Log File.

Can other buttons be mapped without issues?

yes and the other buttons map just fine

every time I try an map the d-pad it come up with this error

That’s odd. I can’t check with a nintendo pro controller myself, but I don’t see why it wouldn’t work. Can you try resetting the config file? Close Citra if you have it open, then go to Internal Storage\citra-emu\config and delete the qt-config.ini file found here. Now reopen Citra and try to map the controller.

I uninstalled the emulator and installed it again but still can’t map the d-pad. I even deleted the configs no luck

I have exactly the same problem. Anyone looking at this issue?

I know this forum is probably dead but issue here has a simple answer. The switch pro controller is interacting with the android UI. So when you you press on the d-pad, it moves the selection to clear, meaning you didn’t map anything. I don’t really know how to solve this but I’m working through it right now. Might be a way to keep the pro controller from interacting with the android UI