Can't open Omega Ruby, RAM issue?

Issue:
Can’t open Omega Ruby for some reason in my newly installed Windows, NVidia Drivers and Intel ones are already up to date, worth to mention I upgraded my RAM memory adding another 8gb to the second slot (prior was only using 8GB in single slot). In my previous Windows installation (without the RAM upgrade) I could play the game perfectly.

System Information

• Operating System: Windows 10 Pro 64bit
  • CPU: Intel i5-7300HQ
  • GPU: NVidia GeForce GTX 1050
  • Citra Version (found in title bar): Citra Nightly
  • Game: Omega Ruby
  • Screenshot of Issue (include the full Citra window including titlebar):

Diagnostic Log
citra_log.txt (8.4 KB)

In order to save a copy of the log, follow this guide:
https://community.citra-emu.org/t/how-to-upload-the-log-file/296

I did not find anything wrong in your log file. Please wait for a moderator to assist.

try with ‘Enable Hardware Shader’ enabled.

Same issue, I’ll upload the log with the change, not sure if worth to compare tho.

citra_log.txt (11.2 KB)

I did not find anything wrong in your log file. Please wait for a moderator to assist.

So the only thing that was changed was the addition of RAM? Citra version was the same when it worked?

1 Like

Eh… no, I believe I was using a build prior to August 21st.

Not sure if there’s a way to “downgrade” to prior builds

You can find old builds here. just look at the dates and find on which version the game still works. just extract manually on a separated folder for testing.

1 Like

Tested with #905 which is the last I updated on, same issue…

Here’s the log.
citra_log.txt (8.4 KB)

Try with only 1 8gb ram

I would like not to open the laptop just to test this, because as I said it was this way before I added another 8gb (which is now a dual channel RAM) and it worked perfectly.

Find the exact Nightly build that started this issue.

I first encountered the issue with this nightly build.

Tried to replicate in my last used pre-RAM upgrade, same issue.

I’m sorry if there’s unclear information, my explanation skills are really low.

I’m not sure how those changes could have caused Omega Ruby to not work. Does this affect other games?

It’s not the changes, but I guess how Citra manages dual channel RAM memory?

Tested with Pokémon Y (I don’t have other cias to install really)
citra_log.txt (10.5 KB)

Just tried with a 3ds file instead of installing the cia, same issue.
citra_log.txt (8.4 KB)

Because the logs usually get stuck at these lines

HW.Memory core/memory.cpp:GetPhysicalPointer:292: MMIO mappings are not supported yet. phys_addr=0x10B00000
HW.GPU core/hw/gpu.cpp:MemoryFill:87: invalid end address 0X10B00000

Ok, after a lot of trying, figured out that Discord had the overlay on by default for Citra, so that was the cause, by turning the overlay off for Citra, everything went good.

2 Likes