Cant play POKEMON X OR Y on citra nighty(5bb6753) emulator

Issue:
Whenever i launch pokemon x on the latest nighty build, after setting up my name and appearance when the game is actually going to start. the emulator freezes. i found a solution for this and i used a saved file with 0% progress. i used it and when i choose my starter, the emulator crashed again. so i found a save file again in which i had my starter. when i battled the rival and defeated her the level of my pokemon rose and the emulator crashed again. so i lost to her and went home in the game to talk to mother, she gave my the town map and the emulator crahsed again. whenever the emulator crashes, the background music of the game speeds up and the emulator stops responding to my input. i searched the web of the a solution and the only thing i got was u guys have to solve it as it is a emulator problem. the only way i could play pokemon x is if i download a save file with 100% game completed and that is not playing the game. u guys have done a superb job and i have played pokemon oras and pokemon sun and moon too but why cant you guys solve this problem. pokemon x was released 1 yr ago. c’mon u guys. help me please!!

System Information

• Operating System: Windows 7 ultimate (64 bit)
  • CPU: intel core i3-2120 CPU @ 3.30 GHz
  • GPU: nvidia 2gb graphics card
  • Citra Version (found in titlebar): citra nighty (5bb6753) emulator
  • Game: pokemon x
  • Screenshot of Issue (include the full Citra window including titlebar):

Log:
    Paste your entire console window log here.

In order to save a copy of the log, follow this guide: How to Upload the Log File

Pokemon ORAS works with Citra, but not X and Y what is the problem?

Pokemon X and Y are very broken currently. Most problems with the games have been reported, so the only thing you can do is wait, or to save frequently and endure the crashes.

no.
i cant play the game at all
the emulator freezes and does not let u play at all
it is some sort of freeze loop just like it was for petalberg forest in oras but that had a solution but this does not

Yeah, that is the state that Pokemon X and Y are in. If any other user knows of a workaround, etc, then maybe they’ll reply. But unless they do, you can only wait until their compatibility is improved.

don’t bother trying to work around the freezes, someone reported that the game will freeze when you go into any encounter which makes it impossible to progress to any point in the game, your best bet is to just wait until the issues are fixed

https://github.com/FernandoS27/citra/tree/texture-overhaul that one fixes some of the crashes but the freezes (actualy stalls) are there because of unimplemented services that are badly stubbed. This will eventually change in the long process as citra gets more accurate.

2 Likes
Is Pokemon X&Y available on citra now?
Citra Stopped working when play Pokemon X
Pokemon x and y

can i start ORAS ON CITRA? my pc configuration is
intel core i3 2120 @3.30hz
4gb ram
64 bit processor

Please don’t bring up old topics back.

Yes, you could play OR / AS, but it won’t be enjoyable (not at full speed) most of the time.

closed #11