Cant save amiibos on super smash bros 3ds

ok, so. i have a a RYU.bin file which i use for ssb4 on citra. however, when i was done playing. i was backing out to the main menu and it asked me to save the amiibo by holding it against the “3ds”. so i pressed load file and then remove file. it said it saved. i was content. got off, and when i got back on the next time, i loaded the amiibo and it was lvl 1. i tried changing its colour and finding a way to save it but i just cant. can anyone help

PC SPECS:
CPU: i7-8700k
GPU: Nvidia Geforce GTX 1050
RAM: 8gb 2666mhz
120gb ssd and 1tb storage
PSU: 550w

In order for us to provide better support, we need to see the log generated by Citra. This guide will walk you through how you can obtain the log file: How to Upload the Log File.

Same problem still in 2022 I found a version that lets you save it but I can’t play online with that version so it’s useless for me in smash unless I can get all my amiibos into that version that lets me save them and then transfer that save to the internet friendly version. I’ll try it and let ya know cuz we’re the only two in the world who have even talked about the problem from what I can see.