Cant save my game

Issue:
I had a problem with my other laptop , the game kept freezing so I moved it (the save state) onto my ROG Strix G15 & the game runs fine , but I cant save it normally like you would outside save state , & this wouldnt be a problem … but I ran into the SD card issue so cant progress , So I tried to play on the portable version , but now I cant transfer the save file , only the save state & the save state will not work on the portable version , complete disaster … any solutions ?

System Information

• Operating System: Windows 11
  • CPU:
  • GPU: GeForce RTX 3050
    Sorry deleted the rest of info & not sure if its really relevant

In order to save a copy of the log, follow this guide:
https://community.citra-emu.org/t/how-to-upload-the-log-file/296
citra_log.txt (234.0 KB)

System Information for Support

Client Version                                Nightly 1737 HEAD-28039d3
Operating System                              Windows 10 (10.0)
CPU                                           AMD Ryzen 7 4800H with Radeon Graphics          | AVX2 | FMA
Graphics API                                  OpenGL 3.3.0
Graphics Renderer                             NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3050 Laptop GPU/PCIe/SSE2
GPU Driver Version                            497.09
CPU JIT                                       [x]
Hardware Renderer                             [x]
Hardware Shader                               [x]
Hardware Shader, Accurate Multiplication      [x]
Shader JIT                                    [x]
System Region                                 -1
Shader Disk Cache                             [x]

I did not find anything wrong in your log file. Please wait for a moderator to assist.

Save States cannot be transfered between different Citra versions. They will cause all sorts of issues like you’re experiencing currently. For example, the Save States save not only your game’s state, but also Citra’s state. Loading the save state on a different Citra version than the one it was saved on will have that Citra version attempt to reference files in locations that don’t exist on that Citra build. The file path for one would be different, leading to normally saving to fail.

The only save files that can be transfered are in-game save files. I’m afraid that any progress made on that save state is something you’ll have to abandon. Nothing good will come from trying to keep using it.

Its actually okay I fixed it , I sent the save state on my good laptop back to my old laptop , then I loaded the save state on the old laptop & saved the game there , then I sent the main save from the old laptop back to the new laptop & put that into the portable citra & that allowed me to get passed the SD card issue , thanks anyways