Certain stages perform very slowly in Smash 4

Issue:
While playing in certain stages, such as in Gaur Plains and Unova Pokémon League, the performance drops significantly. In other stages, at higher res like x3, it can run potentially up to 180%, but in those stages, it runs at around 40-60%. The same happens when a Fire Emblem character wins and its victory screen appears. The problem started not so long ago, and one of the latest versions without this issue is canary 1040. I suspect it’s the music, but what do I know, lol.

System Information

• Operating System: Windows 10
  • CPU: Intel i5 7400
  • GPU: Intel HD Graphics 630
  • Citra Version (found in title bar): Citra Canary 1145
  • Game: Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS
  • Screenshot of Issue (include the full Citra window including titlebar):

Diagnostic Log
Upload your log file as an attachment by dragging & dropping.
citra_log.txt (218.3 KB)

In order to save a copy of the log, follow this guide:
https://community.citra-emu.org/t/how-to-upload-the-log-file/296

I did not find anything wrong in your log file. Please wait for a moderator to assist.

Find the previous canary version in which this issue didn’t occur. you can find previous canary builds here.

I checked, and the last version without the low framerates is Canary 1041.

Edit: Something I noticed now is that those stages always played slower, but in my case they were just above 60 fps with the framerate unlocked so it didn’t matter. But they now play a lot slower, I need to lower the resolution to the native res for them to work properly. The other stages in this older version with the framerate unlocked can get to around 170-180% frames, the same with the latest canary.

oh i see it know, on canary 1042 “Threaded CPU vertex shader processing” was removed, which improved performance substantially, but only if you have ‘Enable Hardware Shader’ disabled. (your log shows that you have this option enabled). we have to wait for the devs to add this feature again, if ever.