Changing audio device makes Citra crash (Logitech G430 Headset bug)

Issue:
Edit: Citra really doesn’t like the audio device of my Logitech G430 Gaming headset… Every other Audio device works fine except the “Speaker (Logitech G430 Gaming Headset)”. When the citra audio device is set to auto it will output it through my Logitech G430 if I also set that in Windows, but if I manually set the Citra audio device to the G430 headset it crashes, irrespective of what audio device is set on windows!

Original post (ignore):
Changing to another Audio device than the one that windows has set makes Citra crash.
So for example:
I have 2 headsets. My audio device in Citra is set to Headset 1 and my audio device in Windows is set to Headset 2. When I now start Citra the menu for selecting the game works fine but the moment you select a game (in my case Pokemon Ultra moon) it immediately crashes.
Another example:
Citra audio device is set to standard (Headset 1) and windows audio device is set to Headset 1. When i launch the game it will work, but the moment I change the audio device in Citra to headset 2 it shortly stutters for 1 sec and then crashes…

System Information

• Operating System: Windows 10
  • CPU: Ryzen 5 1600x Overclocked to 4 GHz (100% Stable)
  • GPU: Asus Strix GTX 960 Overclocked to 1441 MHz (100% Stable)
  • Citra Version (found in title bar): 802
  • Game: Pokemon Ultra Moon
  • Screenshot of Issue (include the full Citra window including titlebar): I cant really show a screenshot because it literally crashes… Nothing in task manager either.

Diagnostic Log
citra_log.txt (60.1 KB)
Log for some reason, and yes also the windows console, doesnt even show any error. It also doesnt show when i switch between the audio devices in Citra…

If needed i can make a video to show the exact process to replicate this bug.

Submit your issue on:

1 Like