Changing save folder

So, this really could be support post (i think).

There is a way to modify the directory where the citra saves the modifies, save games, logs and other thing? If exist, i need to know because i want to trade pokemons from Pokemon X with myself opening 2 citras and could be a conflict if the save file from one executable is the same to the another executable. Please, can the support help me? Or some user that know how to do this? Or, maybe, an another way to trade pokemons, even among old pokemon games from another emulator? I need to find a way to make this if possible

Thanks for listening.

In order for us to provide better support, we need to see the log generated by Citra. This guide will walk you through how you can obtain the log file: How to Upload the Log File.

you can do that by putting one citra instance into portable mode. duplicate your citra folder (the one where citra-qt.exe resides) and inside of it create a folder and name it user.

this user folder is equivalent to the folder C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Roaming\Citra\.
so make a copy of your nand folder to it. that’s it. you also have to regenerate your Console ID on your second citra instance on Emulation > Configure > System > System > Regenerate.

1 Like

So, when i create the user folder, them all data will be written there?

You have to copy your original User files (all the files and folders located at c:\users%username%\appdata\roaming\citra) then copy&paste it to your newly created User folder inside your 2nd copy of Citra.

Then as stated by bio3c. Open your 2nd copy of Citra and then click Emulation menu and then Configure. Now click System on the left panel and click Regenerate for new Console ID.

Your 2nd Citra should now be independent from your original Citra with its own save and configuration. Just enter both instances of your Citra on the same Public room to Trade with yourself.