Cheats won't work in Pokemon Rumble World

Issue:
When enabling a cheat for 9999 Pokediamonds, it won’t work. Nothing happens - and I found no condition that has to be fulfilled for the cheat to work.
Used cheats: CTRPF-AR-CHEAT-CODES/Cheats/Pokémon Rumble World (EUR) at master · JourneyOver/CTRPF-AR-CHEAT-CODES (github.com)

System Information

• Operating System: Windows 11 Enterprise
  • CPU: Intel i7-12700k
  • GPU: RTX 3080 Ti
  • Citra Version (found in title bar): Nightly 1784
  • Game: Pokemon Rumble World EU
  • Screenshot of Issue (include the full Citra window including titlebar): Not required, the diamonds just won’t go to 9999.

Diagnostic Log
Is this required for my issue? I’m not facing any crashes or similar so I’m unsure whether you need it.

In order for us to provide better support, we need to see the log generated by citra. This guide will walk you through how you can obtain the log file: How to Upload the Log File

citra_log.txt (429.1 KB)
I added the log now.

System Information for Support

Client Version                               Nightly 1784   HEAD-47c4f31
Operating System                             Windows 10 (10.0)
CPU                                          12th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-12700K | AVX2 | FMA
Graphics API                                 OpenGL 4.3.0
Graphics Renderer                            NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti/PCIe/SSE2
GPU Driver Version                           516.94
CPU JIT                                      [x]
Hardware Renderer                            [x]
Hardware Shader                              [x]
Hardware Shader, Accurate Multiplication     [x]
Shader JIT                                   [x]
System Region                                -1
Shader Disk Cache                            [x]

Here’s some issues I found with your log that might help.

• The CPU Clock percentage is not 100%. You may experience unexpected game speed.
  • You are using open source system files for Mii data. This will appear as your Mii having broken graphics, but will not affect the stability of the game. In order to resolve this, please refer to our guide on dumping system files. https://citra-emu.org/wiki/dumping-system-archives-and-the-shared-fonts-from-a-3ds-console/
  • You have cheats enabled. This might cause weird behaviour or crashes. Please disable them and retest if your game is experiencing bugs or crashes.

CPU Clock is intentional, I highly doubt that that changes cheat behaviour.
Mii data is also intentional and I don’t think this changes cheat behaviour either (I won’t bother dumping until I get cheats to work).
EDIT: I did bother dumping system archives and still didn’t work.

We can’t really help you with cheat codes. We didn’t make them. Just make sure that the cheat code matches your game update version. For example, a cheat code create for game version 1.2 will not work for game version 1.0 (which is what you’re on).

1 Like

Ah okay - totally understandable. Just wanted to make sure that there’s no misconfiguration on my side.

Hey Gabriel, any luck getting the cheat to work?

Hey Lovingly,

I ended up using this tool.
Pokemon Rumble World Diamonds/P Tool | GBAtemp.net - The Independent Video Game Community

I did use a VM to use the program as I don’t know if that download is safe - but it does work.

Best regards,
Gabriel

Hmm thats interesting. I have tried using that program before but the problem is that I use save states and not a save file to save my progress on Citra. Main reason being that when I first played it on Citra the save wouldn’t work and every time I exitted the app it would restart my progress. The thing about save states is that they’re a notepad file and the only way to edit them is hex editting.

Hey there,

I guess you’re aware of that but you’re not supposed to use save states to save your progress as these might break one day. Have you re-checked already if saving now properly works?

Best regards,
Gabriel

Thanks for replying Gabriel, and yeah like you said the save states stopped working after I updated my citra app. Unfortunately saving still seems to be corrupted as everytime I open up Rumble World it says that the save data is corrupted and gives me a prompt to make a new save file.

You might want to try this: How to fix "Failed to save the game." in pokemon omega ruby - #3 by SleepingSnake

Ah also to add on, now Citra seems to force shutdown whenever I start the Rumble app and I can’t get past character creation :sweat_smile:

Might not be the thing you want to hear but have you tried wiping your save data by deleting in from the folder? Or renaming temporarily

Like deleting the 00slot00 folder completely? (which is the save folder for PRW)

That’s what I would try. Make sure to backup it before.

Yeah just tried it, same problem where it shuts down midway through character creation. I made a seperate topic and uploaded my log there and the bot’s saying that my GPU drivers need updating so I might try that sometime later.

I’ve given you update instructions on that topic. Check it out when you have some time available, your drivers are very out of date currently.

2 Likes

I updated my drivers and the game seems to load normally, however the corrupted save issue still remains.

@GabrieI How exactly do you save in Pokemon Rumble World? I click menu then click Save and Exit, afterwhich I just exit Citra. Am I going about it the right away?