Chromebook request

I have looked around and found out that you don’t support Chromebooks. I was wondering if you would come out with Chromebook support for this app. Please let me know if you plan on making this available for Chromebook. Thank you.

In order for us to provide better support, we need to see the log generated by Citra. This guide will walk you through how you can obtain the log file: How to Upload the Log File.

Chromebook? The glorified google-chrome laptop?
It’s just a laptop with an processor that is capable of fanless or not, and it has an non-upgradable hard drive (The Acer C720 can be extended.).

The Chromebook is not your problem, but it’s Chrome OS, it can’t load some programs even it’s based on Linux, so it’s just an OS with Google Chrome only. But Chrome OS is based on Linux, you can install a standard linux distro in your Chromebook but it requires dev-mode enabled.

There are three ways how to install Linux:

A: Both OS’es running simultaneously (Chrome OS + Linux Distro) but demanding on power:

B: Uses your Legacy BIOS for booting a Linux Distro, it doesn’t remove Chrome OS through.

C: Installs a UEFI BIOS on your Chromebook, but you need to remove the write-protect screw and it can erase Chrome OS and you will have full control over it.
https://mrchromebox.tech/#fwscript

tl;dr - You can run Citra in a Chromebook, but currently Chrome OS will never be supported, but you can install a linux distro to run it. You CAN’T run Citra on a ARM-based Chromebook.

You can build Citra for ARM. It will likely be very slow due to absence of CPU JIT though.

Most ARM devices don’t support desktop OpenGL(I may be wrong tho).So you may need to rewrite some parts to make it work

Edit: I stand corrected

Yeah, you are wrong. ARM devices do support OpenGL as long as there is a compatible GPU.

What about crostini? I’ve managed to install citra-nightly, but the program freezes when I select a folder or try to load a 3ds File. I can open the configuration dialog normally.