Citra Camera Black Screen

I’m experiencing a black screen on the Citra camera no matter what I do with the settings. I’ve only been able to find one thread with the exact issue I’m experiencing, and it was from 2018 for ACNL, the same game I’m struggling with. The only solution at the time was “sorry, can’t do anything about it”. Since it’s been four years and this issue is still occurring, has there been a fix for it?

Here’s a screenshot of the problem. I’m using an unbranded USB camera. This camera has no problems with any other programs.

System Information

• Operating System: Windows 10
  • CPU: AMD Ryzen
    7 2700X Eight-Core Processor
  • GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX3060
  • Citra Version (found in title bar): Citra Nightly 1815
  • Game: N/A (But specifically trying to get to work in Animal Crossing: New leaf)

citra_log.txt (40.8 KB)

System Information for Support

Client Version                               Nightly 1815   HEAD-d09f6d9
Operating System                             Windows 10 Version 2009
CPU                                          AMD Ryzen 7 2700X Eight-Core Processor          | AVX2 | FMA
Graphics API                                 OpenGL 4.3.0
Graphics Renderer                            NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060/PCIe/SSE2
GPU Driver Version                           516.94
CPU JIT                                      [x]
Hardware Renderer                            [x]
Hardware Shader                              [x]
Hardware Shader, Accurate Multiplication     [x]
Shader JIT                                   [x]
System Region                                -1
Shader Disk Cache                            [x]

Here’s some issues I found with your log that might help.

This is a known issue, we’re currently waiting on a fix. Sorry for the inconvenience, hopefully this will be fixed soon!
In response to the thread you found in 2018, it was fixed back then but this issue now is relatively new.

Alright, thank you for the response! Would it be possible to use an older version where this issue doesn’t occur or is that not recommended?

Yeah, it’s perfectly fine to use an older version in the meantime.
Download citra-windows-mingw-20221001-7d18e36.7z from Release nightly-1789 · citra-emu/citra-nightly · GitHub
Extract the .7z file and run citra-qt(.exe). All of your save files and such will transfer over.

1 Like