Citra Canary or Citra Nightly?

Okay, as of my “Does Citra work on a low end PC?” question getting answered, i am now planning on buying a 3ds and downloading the emulator, but, what version of Citra runs well on Core 2 Duo E6700 with GTX 570?

In order for us to provide better support, we need to see the log generated by Citra. This guide will walk you through how you can obtain the log file: How to Upload the Log File.

You won’t get any good performances with the Core 2 Duo E6700, it has a single thread rating of only 1057, recommended is a value of 1800 and above. Check this list https://www.cpubenchmark.net/singleThread.html

What if you are wrong?

Well I never said it would run at good speed. It technically will “work”, but you might not enjoy it.

I don’t care if i don’t enjoy it, i will just deal with it

A friend of mine tried Citra on Phenom II X4 970 with GTX 470 and it was “playable”. Though that CPU is ~30% faster in single thread than yours according to PassMark (or well it was the 965 but should be close enough).

Well, my computer is of course low end, that’s why his CPU is faster.

By 2021 standards, both CPUs are slower than current “low-end” :stuck_out_tongue: By that I mean even like Athlon 3000G is much faster, that is current “entry level”. Low-end would be i3-10100 or Ryzen 3 3100 level nowadays.

If you are not able to upgrade then that’s ok. Not many can now since there is no stock.

We are planning on buying a new computer, because Stalker 2 is going to be released after this year.

1 Like

Now, that means, that the Nightly and Canary builds don’t matter? It all matters that your computer is strong?

Yeah, basically. Please note that some games are more difficult to run than others. I still have some issues in some games even with a Ryzen 9 3900X with GTX 1070(waiting for restocks so I can upgrade it).

What games do you recommend playing on this CPU and GPU?

Zelda Ocarina of Time 3D should run, except visions just ignore the sheikah stone and look up online where you need to go if you get stuck.

Pokémon should run but I have only tested them briefly.

You might need to turn off Accurate Multiplication. This would break OoT causing items icons to be invisible.

1 Like

But, do you recommend games that have less models and more sprites? (Example: Freakyforms)