Citra changing the pc layout

Issue:
A friend of mine downoaded and installed citra nightly and he was concerned because when he opened citra his taskbar changed color and says that the taskbar doesn’t go away even if it is not locked. He is worried that citra contained something malicious that caused this. Has anyone experienced the same occurrence?

System Information

• Operating System: Windows 7
  • CPU: Intel Core i5-3450 3.1GHz
  • GPU: Nvidia GeForce GT 620

Note: I can’t provide the citra version all I know is that it is the latest version of citra nightly as of May 30 2021. The screenshot also cannot be provided because citra was deleted immediately after the incident.

In order for us to provide better support, we need to see the log generated by Citra. This guide will walk you through how you can obtain the log file: How to Upload the Log File.

So long as Citra was downloaded from here: Download Citra - Citra
It does not contain any malware.

In fact, it would be extremely difficult for an open source project like Citra to include malware even if we wanted to. Our source code is hosted on Github so everyone and anyone can take a look at exactly what they’re installing. If it ever contained any malware, we would’ve long since been taken offline.

If you downloaded Citra from some other source, then we can’t vouch for the security of your system. If you suspect you’ve been infected by malware, a full reinstall of your operating system would be recommended.