Citra Cheats option?

EDIT: Citra now has cheat support again its latest builds! Simply run a game and go to Emulation -> Cheats.

Issue:
Hey, first i want to thanks all the persons who works on the emulator, good jobs guy keep going :slight_smile:

So i see there is a “cheats” in the emulation tab of the emulator, but i don’t understand what to do with that.
Ho do we use it ?

System Information

• Operating System: W7 64bits
  • CPU: Core i7
  • GPU: GTX970M
  • Citra Version (found in titlebar): HEAD-19c3f42
  • Game: Pokemon Saphirre Ruby
  • Screenshot of Issue (include the full Citra window including titlebar):

Or more simple, did the save make with the Powersaves are compatible with Citra ?

Sorry if they are already the answers at this question but i didn’t find anything.
And sorry for my english, it’s not my first language.

1 Like

cheats allow you…well to cheat in the game (captain obvious)

anyway first head to this thread here because you need to do some manual folder creation to get cheats working

you can use this website to get some cheat codes

http://www.fort42.com/gateshark/

after you done all of the above then adding cheats is simple, just click on add cheat, a small box should appear, type in a meaningful name of the cheat you want to add (ex. infinite money) and then hit ok

in the list you should see the cheat with the name you added click on it then the box on the right with the header details is where you add the cheat code. simply what is left is to hit save and there you have your cheat.

one final important notice, cheats are not fully functional yet so expect something to break or straight up not work at all.

2 Likes

To add to what Raven said, cheats that require button presses to activate are currently broken as well.

1 Like

Ok, thanks for the answers.:smiley:

This is also not an officially supported feature (e.g. not part of nightlies or master). I wasn’t even aware it was still part of bleeding edge (BE) releases. The PR for this feature has not been updated in over a month, and needs a lot of work (and to be resubmitted) before it should be used by anyone. As such, I’ve removed this from BE, expect to see it go away in future releases.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.