Citra Compatibility for M1 Mac

Issue:
I would like to ask for M1 Compatibility if any. Any game I play has been glitching and running slow, but does not crash. I would like to ask help for any workarounds or a better version for this problem. I appreciate step-by-step information for this, thanks! (P.S: for more info I use Rosetta 2 to emulate on my M1.)

System Information

• Operating System: macOS Monterey 12.2
  • CPU: Apple M1
  • GPU: Apple M1
  • Citra Version (found in title bar): Citra Nightly 1503
  • Game: N/A
  • Screenshot of Issue (include the full Citra window including titlebar): N/A

In order for us to provide better support, we need to see the log generated by citra. This guide will walk you through how you can obtain the log file: How to Upload the Log File

No game was booted in your log. If you are experiencing a crash then do not open citra again until after you posted the log as it gets purged when you reopen citra.
For more information, see How to Upload the Log File

citra_log.txt (4.3 KB)

No game was booted in your log. If you are experiencing a crash then do not open citra again until after you posted the log as it gets purged when you reopen citra.
For more information, see How to Upload the Log File

citra_log.txt (74.8 KB)

System Information for Support

Client Version                               Nightly 1503   HEAD-b82d431
Operating System                             macOS 10.16
CPU                                          VirtualApple @ 2.50GHz
Graphics API                                 OpenGL 4.1
Graphics Renderer                            Apple M1
GPU Driver Version                           ?
CPU JIT                                      [x]
Hardware Renderer                            [x]
Hardware Shader                              [ ]
Hardware Shader, Accurate Multiplication     [ ]
Shader JIT                                   [x]
System Region                                -1
Shader Disk Cache                            [ ]

Here’s some issues I found with your log that might help.

• Enabling Accurate Multiplication is recomended in certain games. If you are experiencing graphical glitches, try enabling this option.

I can but if I enable Disk Shader to enable Accurate Multiplication, it just insta-crashes.

As clearly mentioned on our Downloads page, M1 MacOS devices are not supported. These types of issues are to be expected. You can try building a Citra build for ARM yourself to see if that solves some of your problems, but we won’t be providing support until they are officially supported.

Is there a build in citra for the M1 that is under development right now, I just want to know when it will be available.

None of our devs currently have an M1 device to develop with. So no official build is in the works as of yet. Like I said, it’s wholly unsupported currently.

Ok, thanks for the info.