Citra crash after opening game

Issue:
Citra crash after opening game. Duringlog.txt (106.8 KB)

System Information

• Operating System: macOS Big sur 11.2.3
  • CPU: i9
  • GPU: AMD Radeon Pro 5500M 8 GB
  • Citra Version (found in title bar): CANARY 1956
  • Game: The great ace attorney

Whenever i open pokemon amie is pokemon x , and then proceed to play with certain pokemons , citra-qt not responding. and then it crashes. tell me how to fix it, and the game too lags too much, is something wrong with my settings or anything. citra_log.txt (363.0 KB)

System Information for Support

Client Version                                Nightly 1696 HEAD-8e3c767
Operating System                              Windows 10 (10.0)
CPU                                           Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-7020U CPU @ 2.30GHz
Graphics API                                  OpenGL 3.3.0
Graphics Renderer                             Intel(R) HD Graphics 620
GPU Driver Version                            23.20.16.4973
CPU JIT                                       [x]
Hardware Renderer                             [x]
Hardware Shader                               [x]
Hardware Shader, Accurate Multiplication      [x]
Shader JIT                                    [x]
System Region                                 1
Shader Disk Cache                             [x]

I did not find anything wrong in your log file. Please wait for a moderator to assist.

Please follow the steps I gave you here to update your GPU drivers: A fatal error occured. Check the log for details - #38 by SleepingSnake . If you’re having issues with my instructions or have more questions you want to ask. Please create your own support topic so that we can help you more efficiently.

MacOS seems to have issues with some of the recent changes made in Citra. Perhaps your issue is related to that. Please try out this older Citra version to test this:
Download citra-osx-20200707-bd7ee8c.tar.gz from Release nightly-1587: Common: remove a mod from AlignUp (#5441) · citra-emu/citra-nightly · GitHub
Extract it and then run the citra-qt executable found inside of the extracted folder.

Seems to be working now. Thanks. I downloaded older version of citra you mentioned. However, during intro it goes to 6 fps on i9 and 64 gb ram

This is likely the result of your AMD GPU. You can try uploading a Citra log file so we can see if you have some settings you can improve, but there might not be much we can do.

I have also integrated a graphic card intel UHD Graphics 630 1536 MB. How can I attach log from running game?

Follow this guide to upload a log file:

citra_log.txt (28.7 KB) citra_log.txt.old.txt (11.5 KB)

Yea, the rest of the settings look fine. If you can, try switching to the integrated graphics for Citra. You should see a big performance improvement.

citra_log.txt (23.0 KB)
I am also having trouble playing a file

System Information for Support

Client Version                                Nightly 1598 HEAD-b4ec50b
Operating System                              Windows 10 (10.0)
CPU                                                  Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3230M CPU @ 2.60GHz
Graphics API                                  OpenGL 3.3.0
Graphics Renderer                             Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000
GPU Driver Version                            10.18.10.4358
CPU JIT                                       [x]
Hardware Renderer                             [x]
Hardware Shader                               [x]
Hardware Shader, Accurate Multiplication      [x]
Shader JIT                                    [x]
System Region                                 -1
Shader Disk Cache                             [x]

Here’s some issues I found with your log that might help.

• You are running out of date drivers for your GPU. You need to install the most recent driver for your graphics card from Intel’s website. Downloads for Graphics

This driver is out of date. To update: Download win64_15.33.53.5161.zip (direct link) from Download Intel® Graphics Driver for Windows* [15.33]

Then follow this guide to install it: https://www.howtogeek.com/343287/how-to-fix-the-driver-being-installed-is-not-validated-for-this-computer-on-intel-computers/

Furthermore, because your iGPU had driver bugs, you’ll have to use this older Citra version to prevent random freezing/crashing from occuring until you upgrade your hardware:
Download citra-windows-mingw-20191214-ddb7ead.7z from Release nightly-1392: Merge pull request #5020 from jroweboy/dynamic-mf · citra-emu/citra-nightly · GitHub
Extract it using Winrar or 7zip. Put the extracted folder anywhere you want. Now run citra-qt.exe from the folder and run your game.