Owned the game for months and never had the problem of it crashing after the title screen, but now it starts giving me a black screen after a short freeze. The game music is still playing and I can still press buttons, but it’s on a black screen.
- Operating System: Windows 11
- CPU: Intel(R) Core™ i7-8550U CPU @ 1.80GHz 1.99 GHz
- GPU: Intel(R) UHD Graphics 620
- Citra Version (found in title bar): Citra Canary 2264
- Game: Pokemon Alpha Sapphire
- Screenshot of Issue (include the full Citra window including titlebar):
Upload your log file as an attachment by dragging & dropping.
citra_log.txt (36.9 KB)
In order to save a copy of the log, follow this guide:
System Information for Support
Client Version Canary 2264 HEAD-1f65fa6
Operating System Windows 10 (10.0)
CPU Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8550U CPU @ 1.80GHz | AVX2 | FMA
Graphics API OpenGL 4.3.0
Graphics Renderer Intel(R) UHD Graphics 620
GPU Driver Version 184.108.40.20654
CPU JIT [x]
Hardware Renderer [x]
Hardware Shader [x]
Hardware Shader, Accurate Multiplication [x]
Shader JIT [x]
System Region -1
Shader Disk Cache [x]
Here’s some issues I found with your log that might help.
- You are running out of date drivers for your GPU. You need to install the most recent driver for your graphics card from Intel’s website. Support for Intel® Graphics
First make sure Windows is updated, you should be on 21H2 or later. You can check what you currently have by opening
winver (just do a simple Windows search for it near the Start button).
Then update the drivers here:
Intel® Graphics – Windows* DCH Drivers from https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/products/sku/122589/intel-core-i78550u-processor-8m-cache-up-to-4-00-ghz/downloads.html
Direct link: https://downloadmirror.intel.com/741527/gfx_win_101.3413_101.2111.exe