Citra Crash when encountering pokemon in Nightmare Moon

Issue:
When an encounter starts in Pokemon Nightmare Moon the screen will flash two times then freeze before even initiating a battle, however the battle music plays and the game actually still appears to be running, as I can hear the audio cues when I use the arrow keys to move around the battle menu, but the screen is frozen

System Information

• Operating System: Windows 10
  • CPU: Intel® Core™ i7-8550U CPU @ 1.80 GHz 1.99 GHz
  • GPU: Intel® UHD Graphics 620
  • Citra Version (found in title bar): Citra Canary 1916
  • Game: Pokemon Nightmare Moon (Hack of ultra moon)

Diagnostic Log
citra_log.txt (1.2 MB)

It’s entirely possible I just don’t have the specs to run this, I’m just not very knowledgeable on computers so I’m not sure. Not sure if this is notable or not but I am running this on a laptop. Thanks for any help!

System Information for Support

Client Version                                Canary 1916 HEAD-e3df6f3
Operating System                              Windows 10 (10.0)
CPU                                           Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8550U CPU @ 1.80GHz
Graphics API                                  OpenGL 3.3.0
Graphics Renderer                             Intel(R) UHD Graphics 620
GPU Driver Version                            23.20.16.4973
CPU JIT                                       [x]
Hardware Renderer                             [x]
Hardware Shader                               [x]
Hardware Shader, Accurate Multiplication      [x]
Shader JIT                                    [x]
System Region                                 -1
Shader Disk Cache                             [x]

I did not find anything wrong in your log file. Please wait for a moderator to assist.

1 Like

System Information for Support

Client Version                                Canary 1916 HEAD-e3df6f3
Operating System                              Windows 10 (10.0)
CPU                                           Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8550U CPU @ 1.80GHz
Graphics API                                  OpenGL 3.3.0
Graphics Renderer                             Intel(R) UHD Graphics 620
GPU Driver Version                            23.20.16.4973
CPU JIT                                       [x]
Hardware Renderer                             [x]
Hardware Shader                               [x]
Hardware Shader, Accurate Multiplication      [x]
Shader JIT                                    [x]
System Region                                 -1
Shader Disk Cache                             [x]

I did not find anything wrong in your log file. Please wait for a moderator to assist.

1 Like

can anyone please give me some advice on this?

GPU Driver Version: 23.20.16.4973

This driver is outdated, you need to update.

Download this driver: https://downloadmirror.intel.com/28289/a08/win64_25.20.100.6373.zip then follow this guide to install it: https://www.howtogeek.com/343287/how-to-fix-the-driver-being-installed-is-not-validated-for-this-computer-on-intel-computers/

After you have installed 6373, download and install igfx_win10_100.9079.exe from: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/30079/Intel-Graphics-Windows-10-DCH-Drivers
direct link: https://downloadmirror.intel.com/30079/a08/igfx_win10_100.9079.exe

Do you have any discrete GPU like Nvidia? You can find out if you have one by going into Device Manager and check if you have more than Intel HD Graphics 620 under Display adapters.

You have a lot of spam about “Reading from out of bounds”. Does the regular version work? If yes it might be the rom hack that you applied.

1 Like

Thanks for the info! I installed the two things you linked and now battles will actually initiate! However there is still a 5-10 second freeze before the battle will begin, would you happen to know what’s causing this or if I can prevent it?

See if this is what’s causing your issue. Test the unmodified ROM first. If the same issues occur on that, we can rule out the ROM Hack specifically being the issue.