Citra Crashes After A While

Issue:
When I run citra-qt ( Both canary and nightly ) and select a rom, it runs for about 2-3 minutes and crashes sometimes. It doesn’t happen all the time but happens sometimes. What is up with it?

System Information

• Operating System: Windows 10 Pro
  • CPU: 2.70 GHz
  • GPU: Intel Core i5 - 3340M
  • Citra Version (found in title bar): Nightly 1471, Canary 1644
  • Games: So far, I have encountered it on:
    Tomodachi Life ( Europe Version )
    Ben 10 Omniverse
  • Screenshot of Issue (include the full Citra window including titlebar):

Diagnostic Log
Upload your log file as an attachment by dragging & dropping.
When it next occurs, I will upload the log file.

In order for us to provide better support, we need to see the log generated by Citra. This guide will walk you through how you can obtain the log file: How to Upload the Log File.

Intel has a driver bug, you pretty much can’t do anything about it(I get crashes too sometimes if I play with my i7-3770K’s iGPU). i5-3340M is 7 years old now so you can’t expect old hardware to continue to work with modern applications :> though if you had a desktop computer instead of a laptop you could put a modern Nvidia graphics card in there and be fine. Maybe consider a desktop computer for your next purchase to be more flexible.

Make sure Accurate Multiplication is turned on, it helps.

[ 1.168896] Service.FS core/file_sys/ncch_container.cpp:Load:200: Secure1 KeyX missing
[ 1.168993] Service.FS core/file_sys/ncch_container.cpp:Load:214: Secure2 KeyX missing

I saw these in my log from past tries to open Tomodachi Life. Maybe this has something to do with the crashes.

Oh hi there, Tywald! I see you in literally every single help post :sweat_smile:

If you build Citra from source and run from Visual Studio you will get this when you crash:

The image is taking me a long time to load and I don’t know much about coding and the inner code of emulators so I probably won’t understand whatever’s in the image.

Ow really? It is only 81.3KB :stuck_out_tongue: maybe change DNS to https://1.1.1.1/dns/ or https://developers.google.com/speed/public-dns/docs/using#change_your_dns_servers_settings then reboot your computer and web browsing should feel more responsive.

The image just shows that ig7icd64.dll crashed which is the driver.

Ohh ok. So I can’t do anything about it, can I?
And also, which is the best processor you recommend for Citra or just generally, gaming? I mean the brands of processors like Intel, AMD and stuff.

Ryzen is good, especially 3000 series(desktop) or 4000 series(laptop, though make sure you pick one with Nvidia) because they have the much faster Zen 2 architecture. Pair that with Nvidia and you will have a very good machine for Citra and other games.

Ryzen 5 3600 + GTX 1650 Super are solid bang for buck. The Ryzen 5 3600 is comparable to i7-8700K.