Citra crashes after loading Pokemon X Save File

Issue:
I downloaded Citra Nightly version 19 to play Pokemon X and after a few days i updated it. After the Update to ver 20, every time i try to load my save file, it crashes.
I just read that i should save the game in the game aswell, but i havent, and i’ve been pretty far in the game so replaying would be super frustrating.

System Information

Diagnostic Log
citra_log.txt (5.2 KB)

No game was booted in your log. If you are experiencing a crash then do not open citra again until after you posted the log as it gets purged when you reopen citra.
For more information, see How to Upload the Log File

citra_log.txt (22.5 KB)
heres the log with the game booted

System Information for Support

Client Version                               Nightly 1822   HEAD-ae3d50f
Operating System                             Windows 10 Version 2009
CPU                                          AMD Ryzen 5 2600 Six-Core Processor             | AVX2 | FMA
Graphics API                                 OpenGL 4.3.0
Graphics Renderer                            NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti/PCIe/SSE2
GPU Driver Version                           516.94
CPU JIT                                      [x]
Hardware Renderer                            [x]
Hardware Shader                              [x]
Hardware Shader, Accurate Multiplication     [x]
Shader JIT                                   [x]
System Region                                -1
Shader Disk Cache                            [ ]

I did not find anything wrong in your log file. Please wait for a human moderator to assist.

So, to get this right, you have only saved via save state and not in game? And your save state is crashing?

Yes, everything works fine until i try to load the save file. I even made two just in case but neither work

i have the same problem for 3 versions now everytime a new version of citra comes out and i update it and want to load my old safestate it crashes

@Snowwnie @janjeager To be clear, Save States are not a replacement for in-game save files. they’re a whole lot more unstable and often break over time and on newer Citra versions. Thus, in-game save files should be used most of all for recording your progress. Save states should only be used within single gaming sessions.

As for Snowwnie, the log file you uploaded does not indicate you attempting to load any save state. I thought that you were crashing when trying to do that, if so, the log should’ve recorded that. Are you sure you followed the log file guide correctly?

citra_log.txt.old.txt (36.1 KB)
heres the log when i tried to load the save file—
hope this helps!

System Information for Support

Client Version                               Nightly 1822   HEAD-ae3d50f
Operating System                             Windows 10 Version 2009
CPU                                          AMD Ryzen 5 2600 Six-Core Processor             | AVX2 | FMA
Graphics API                                 OpenGL 4.3.0
Graphics Renderer                            NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti/PCIe/SSE2
GPU Driver Version                           516.94
CPU JIT                                      [x]
Hardware Renderer                            [x]
Hardware Shader                              [x]
Hardware Shader, Accurate Multiplication     [x]
Shader JIT                                   [x]
System Region                                -1
Shader Disk Cache                            [ ]

I did not find anything wrong in your log file. Please wait for a human moderator to assist.

Hmmm, which save state slot did you try to load?

I have two, and both crash when loading. This one was the older one

The log file indicates that both of them were made on Nightly 1816. So lets try loading them on that:
Download citra-windows-mingw-20221124-d117132.7z from Release nightly-1816 · citra-emu/citra-nightly · GitHub
Extract it, then run the citra-qt(.exe) file found within. Load your game, then load your save state. After that, save in-game. You can now use the latest Citra versions again by loading your in-game save file. Make sure to use in-game save files to record your progress in the future.

okay after extraction it loaded, that means my savefiles are not corrupted.
Thank you! But what should i do now?

^ I thought I said what to do.