Citra crashes after opening scene of Fire Emblem Valentia

citra log.txt (59.3 KB)

I’ve run other games before successfully, but this one crashes after opening scene… Appreciate the help, thank you!

Sorry we need a Citra log.

You should also fill in the template that you removed:

Issue :
Citra crashing after opening scene of Fire Emblem echoes: shadows of Valentia (I tried both the north american dubbed and undoubted versions, both crash at the same spot right before main menu). The opening scene plays fine with sound. The screen turns black as the game is being loaded, speed is 0% as shown on the screenshot, then Citra crashes and closes itself. I’ve run Fire emblem Awakening on the same laptop, graphics lag sometimes but no major issue.

Thank you for your help.

System Information

• Operating System: macOS Catalina 10.15.5
  • CPU: 1.6 ghz dual-core intel core i5
  • GPU: intel uhd graphics 617 1536 mb
  • Citra Version (found in title bar): Citra nightly 1621
  • Game: fire emblem echoes: shadows of Valentia
  • Screenshot of Issue (include attachment]: Citra crashes after the opening scene is done

citra_log.txt (4 KB)

I did not find anything wrong in your log file. Please wait for a moderator to assist.

I did not find anything wrong in your log file. Please wait for a moderator to assist.

I turned of both shader options and turned of new 3DS mode, still crashing. citra_log.txt (4 KB)

Hi, please try this version of citra: https://github.com/citra-emu/citra-nightly/releases/tag/nightly-1587
Extract it somewhere and launch the citra-qt inside the extracted folder.

Thank you so much. I did that, the game is now running without crashing but the graphic speed is very slow, the sound lags…

Wait actually now the game freezes after the second cutscreen…

Should I try Canary or that’s worse with iOS?

Try creating a folder called user in the same location as where you can find citra-qt in the extracted folder. Then try running your game again.