Citra crashes and is not loading any game

Issue:
I had a problem loading a saved state in Fire Emblem Awakening, that I’ve been playing for a couple of days, and it crashed. Now Citra cannot run any game, I’ve already downloaded previous version of Citra, both Canary and Mighty, and none of them let me run any of my games. It just starts and two seconds before, it freezes completely and I have to close it with the Windows Task Manager
Icitra_log.txt (16.8 KB)

System Information for Support

Client Version                                Nightly 1694 HEAD-e6c479f
Operating System                              Windows 10 (10.0)
CPU                                                 Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3612QM CPU @ 2.10GHz
Graphics API                                  OpenGL 3.3.0
Graphics Renderer                             Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000
GPU Driver Version                            10.18.10.4358
CPU JIT                                       [x]
Hardware Renderer                             [x]
Hardware Shader                               [x]
Hardware Shader, Accurate Multiplication      [x]
Shader JIT                                    [x]
System Region                                 -1
Shader Disk Cache                             [x]

Here’s some issues I found with your log that might help.

I installed the most recent drivers (I’ve already did a week ago) and it’s still not working

System Information for Support

Client Version                                Nightly 1694 HEAD-e6c479f
Operating System                              Windows 10 (10.0)
CPU                                                 Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3612QM CPU @ 2.10GHz
Graphics API                                  OpenGL 3.3.0
Graphics Renderer                             Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000
GPU Driver Version                            10.18.10.4358
CPU JIT                                       [x]
Hardware Renderer                             [x]
Hardware Shader                               [x]
Hardware Shader, Accurate Multiplication      [x]
Shader JIT                                    [x]
System Region                                 -1
Shader Disk Cache                             [x]

Here’s some issues I found with your log that might help.

bro i have the same isuue plese help citra_log.txt (13.3 KB) citra_log.txt (9.5 KB)

This driver is out of date, to update your drivers: Download win64_15.33.53.5161.zip (direct link) from https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/29969/Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-15-33-

Then follow this guide to install it: https://www.howtogeek.com/343287/how-to-fix-the-driver-being-installed-is-not-validated-for-this-computer-on-intel-computers/

Furthermore, because your GPU has driver bugs, you’ll have to use an older Citra version to prevent random freezing and crashing from occuring:

Download citra-windows-mingw-20191214-ddb7ead.7z from https://github.com/citra-emu/citra-nightly/releases/tag/nightly-1392
Extract it using Winrar or 7zip. Put the extracted folder anywhere you want. Now run citra-qt.exe from the folder and run your game.

I updated again the drivers and is still failing, but I tried the previous Nightly version and with that is working perfectly. It does’nt have loading or saving states but I will try without them. I think that there was a problem with this function.
Thanks a lot for the old version!

Do you know if you have a discrete GPU like Nvidia in your laptop? i7-QM, -HQ, -MQ, -H, -HK models usually come with one. You can check in Device Manager under Display adapters if you have more than Intel HD Graphics 4000.