I have been playing citra since many years now, and everything was fine till now. Suddenly since today my citra keeps crashing as soon as I try to run any game. I am a Pokemon guy, so mostly am running pokemon UM or X or AS. I even tried running Detective Pickachu. Nothing works. Game loads for sometime, shaders are loaded, and game starts. During the opening scenes/introduction of professor part, game suddenly stops, and citra exits and closes. Kindly help. I normally use nightly, but also tried on canary, with no better results. Please Help.
- Operating System: Windows 11
- CPU: AMD Ryzen™ 3 3250U
- GPU: AMD Radeon™ Graphics
- Citra Version (found in title bar): Citra Nightly 1783, Citra Canary 2256
- Game: Pokemon Ultra Moon, Alpha Sapphire, X (USA), Detective Pikachu (USA)
- Screenshot of Issue (include the full Citra window including titlebar): Not possible to give
citra_log.txt (45.2 KB)
This log is for Pokemon X as an example.
System Information for Support
Client Version Nightly 1783 HEAD-746609f
Operating System Windows 10 (10.0)
CPU AMD Ryzen 3 3250U with Radeon Graphics | AVX2 | FMA
Graphics API OpenGL 4.3.1
Graphics Renderer AMD Radeon(TM) Graphics
GPU Driver Version 21.30.44 30.0.13044.0
CPU JIT [x]
Hardware Renderer [x]
Hardware Shader [x]
Hardware Shader, Accurate Multiplication [x]
Shader JIT [ ]
System Region 1
Shader Disk Cache [x]
Here’s some issues I found with your log that might help.
- Due to AMD’s poorly optimized OpenGL driver, you may experience slowdowns.
- Please enable the Vsync option if you are experiencing screen tearing.
Thankyou so much for the help!
New driver did remove the crashing, but has added a new small issue. The game now loads, and for most of the part is working just fine. But sometimes during loading it just stops for 10 seconds or so and shows that citra is not responding (both nightly and canary). Anything for that?
Try clearing your shader cache. Go to
File>Open Cittlra Folder, then open up the
shaders folder and delete the
opengl folder found here.
Thank you so much for the help. It worked like magic.