Citra crashes/quits before opening on Mac

Issue:
Enter a description of your issue here, in full detail.
When I first installed, I opened Citra and it crashed before showing me the screen to select roms, instead saying if the problem persists to update my Mac and reinstall Citra. So I did that, but now it instead says “Citra-qt quit unexpectedly” and shows a bunch of text, with no advice this time.

System Information

• Operating System: MacBook Pro (16-inch, 2019)
  • CPU: 2.3 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9 (I think this is it, not really sure)
  • GPU: Intel UHD Graphics 630 1536 MB (I think this is it, not really sure)
  • Citra Version (found in title bar): Can’t see
  • Game: Citra
  • Screenshot of Issue (include the full Citra window including titlebar):

Diagnostic Log
Upload your log file as an attachment by dragging & dropping.

In order to save a copy of the log, follow this guide:
https://community.citra-emu.org/t/how-to-upload-the-log-file/296

In order for us to provide better support, we need to see the log generated by Citra. This guide will walk you through how you can obtain the log file: How to Upload the Log File.

Also can’t attach a log because it never considers Citra as open, so it never gives me an option to go into preferences

This is also happening to me, same issue, cannot open preferences it immediatly crashes when opening preferences.

The same thing is happening to me. It’s weird because it was working earlier today and didn’t start doing this until I updated. I did a fresh install and everything. Did you ever find a solution to this?

Everyone having this issue, please use Canary for now. This issue should’ve been fixed there as of recently. It’ll be in Nightly after a while.

Does not matter if it’s canary or nightly both crash.

Then please upload a log file after the crash occurs using this guide: How to Upload the Log File

See I would love to send you a log file. However both canary and nightly crash on MacOS before a log file is created. No folder citra emu folder is present in. ˜/.local/share/ where the log file is stored. With the newest Canary 2003 Citra starts up and as soon as I enter the preferences window it crashes. I do have a MacOS crash report. Citra_log.txt (35.0 KB)

Citra appears to be having issues on Monterey for some reason. We’ve had multiple reports of weird issues happening with no real indication of what exactly Apple did to break things again.

Could you try this older Citra build?
Download citra-osx-20200707-bd7ee8c.tar.gz from Release nightly-1587: Common: remove a mod from AlignUp (#5441) · citra-emu/citra-nightly · GitHub
Extract it and then run the citra-qt executable found inside of the extracted folder.

Using your version I get the exact same error. citra errors.txt (39.3 KB)

Then I’m afraid that without rolling back MacOS’ latest update or using bootcamp, this issue is currently unresolveable.