Citra crashes when loading a savestate in Digimon World:Re Digitize Decoded

Issue:
I was playing Digimon World:Re Digitize a few months ago when i got frustrated and left it, i was planing to come back and finish the game so i load up the game i enter it fine and when i try to load a save state from a few months it crashes, i tried to make a new save state but that one loads fine and it also loads fine with an in game save.

System Information

• Operating System: Windows 11
  • CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3450U
  • GPU: I think its integrated
  • Citra Version (found in title bar): Citra Nightly 1825
  • Game: Digimon World:Re Digitize Decoded
  • Screenshot of Issue (include the full Citra window including titlebar):

Diagnostic Log
citra_log.txt (43.9 KB)

In order to save a copy of the log, follow this guide:
https://community.citra-emu.org/t/how-to-upload-the-log-file/296

Save states break after a certain updates in Citra are made. This is why in-game save data is the preferred method of recording your progress. Essentially, save states are meant to be used within single gaming sessions, not beyond them.

If you wish to recover the old save state’s progress, you’ll need to load it on an older Citra build:

Download citra-windows-mingw-20220814-58d0705.7z from Release nightly-1779 · citra-emu/citra-nightly · GitHub
Extract it using winrar or 7zip, then launch the citra-qt(.exe) file found in the extracted folder. Load your game and load your save state. Now save in-game and close Citra. Now you can delete this build and continue your game on the latest Citra builds.

I guess they are lost then, i updated citra because it would crash even before it fully loaded the game, thanks for answering anyways :smiley: