Citra crashes when loading match

Issue: Crashes when trying to do a match
Description: When trying to do a match the game crashes.
Note: This wasn’t happening before and only started happening around chapter 11

System Information:

• Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Home
  • CPU: Intel(R) Core™ i5-8400 CPU @ 2.80GHz, 2808 MHz
  • GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 Ti
  • Citra Version (found in title bar): Citra Canary 2081
  • Game: Inazuma Eleven Go Shadow
  • Screenshot of Issue (include the full Citra window including titlebar):

Diagnostic Log:
citra_log.txt (3.8 MB)

System Information for Support

Client Version                               Canary 2081   HEAD-aa0c2da
Operating System                             Windows 8 (6.2)
CPU                                          Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-8400 CPU @ 2.80GHz | AVX2 | FMA
Graphics API                                 OpenGL 3.3.0
Graphics Renderer                            NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 Ti/PCIe/SSE2
GPU Driver Version                           511.79
CPU JIT                                      [x]
Hardware Renderer                            [x]
Hardware Shader                              [x]
Hardware Shader, Accurate Multiplication     [x]
Shader JIT                                   [x]
System Region                                -1
Shader Disk Cache                            [x]

I did not find anything wrong in your log file. Please wait for a human moderator to assist.

To specify, the problem occurred whenever i would try entering a match or when trying to do a special move during a battle. I tried reloading multiple times but nothing really worked. But for some reason everything works fine now. What i did was load the game from the in-game save instead of from any of my save states. And ever since i did that i haven’t had any crashes or bugs. So, perhaps one of my save states was corrupted or something like that? Anyhow, everything is fixed now but i still have no clue what caused it.

Save states can corrupt over time. Especially when you’re saving save state loaded progress to another save state. Save states save the entirety of Citra’s emulation state upon saving, not just your game’s progress. This means that any faults or inaccuracies in the emulation get saved and loaded as well. Hence why it’s recommended to use in-game save files most of all to record your progress. Save states are only meant to be used within single gaming sessions.