The last few days, I was able to bypass this issue by checking for “Windows Update” and “Apple Software Update” and installing any update everyday. But today everything was updated but Citra won’t launch my game (Pokemon Moon/Pokemon Omega Ruby). The game loads and plays only up to the intro and freezes.
- Operating System: Windows 10 (Bootcamp)
- CPU: Intel® Core™ i5-3210M CPU @ 2.50GHz 2.50 GHz
- GPU: Intel® HD Graphics 4000
- Citra Version (found in title bar): Citra Nightly1696
- Game: Pokemon Moon
- Screenshot of Issue (include the full Citra window including titlebar):
citra_log.txt (20.9 KB)
System Information for Support
Client Version Nightly 1696 HEAD-8e3c767
Operating System Windows 10 (10.0)
CPU Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3210M CPU @ 2.50GHz
Graphics API OpenGL 3.3.0
Graphics Renderer Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000
GPU Driver Version 10.18.10.4358
CPU JIT [x]
Hardware Renderer [x]
Hardware Shader [x]
Hardware Shader, Accurate Multiplication [x]
Shader JIT [x]
System Region -1
Shader Disk Cache [x]
Here’s some issues I found with your log that might help.
- You are running out of date drivers for your GPU. You need to install the most recent driver for your graphics card from Intel’s website. Downloads for Graphics
- You have cheats enabled. This might cause weird behaviour or crashes. Please disable them and retest if your game is experiencing bugs or crashes.
The problem seems to have been solved for now with this solution. Will keep monitoring for the next few days if the issue ever comes back again.
If you’ve updated your drivers already, you’ll also need to follow these other steps as well to prevent the same issue from occuring in the future:
- Cheats can cause a variety of instabilities so it’s best to turn them off and restart the Citra program entirely afterwards (important, otherwise they remain active) when you’re experiencing these sorts of issues.
- Intel HD 4000 is a problematic iGPU for Citra as it contains driver bugs. In order to prevent freezing/crashing, you’ll need to use an older Citra version until you upgrade your hardware:
citra-windows-mingw-20191214-ddb7ead.7z from Release nightly-1392: Merge pull request #5020 from jroweboy/dynamic-mf · citra-emu/citra-nightly · GitHub
Extract it using Winrar or 7zip. Put the extracted folder anywhere you want. Now run citra-qt.exe from the folder and run your game.