Citra crashes whenever I launch UM

Issue: Can’t launch UM on start up, Citra crashes afterwards.

System Information

• Operating System: Windows 10
  • CPU: Intel® Core™ i3-4160 CPU @ 3.60 GHz
  • GPU: Intel® HD Graphics 4400
  • Citra Version (found in title bar): HEAD-0c69c5f
  • Game: Pokemon Ultra Moon
  • Screenshot of Issue (include the full Citra window including titlebar):
    https://gyazo.com/06dc4988d7617bddcfcc238a1debaec9
    https://gyazo.com/90db425d0e6933dbb56d1a730ecdd4e9
    Log:

Paste your entire console window log here.
    [ 0.000000] Service.FS core/file_sys/ncch_container.cpp:Load:173: ExHeader Program ID mismatch: the ROM is probably encrypted.
    [ 0.000534] Service.FS core/file_sys/ncch_container.cpp:Load:173: ExHeader Program ID mismatch: the ROM is probably encrypted.
    [ 0.135899] Frontend citra_qt/main.cpp:CheckForUpdates:443: Update check started
    [ 3.888256] Frontend citra_qt/main.cpp:OnUpdateFound:456: No updates found
    [ 4.232745] Loader core/loader/loader.cpp:GetLoader:137: File D:/Dong’s Download/Fire Emblem Echoes Shadows of Valentia UNDUB.3ds has a different type than its extension.
    [ 4.869566] Loader core/loader/loader.cpp:GetLoader:137: File D:/Dong’s Download/steamapps/downloading/740/csgo/models/props/cs_militia/rocks.3ds has a different type than its extension.
    [ 298.070194] Frontend citra_qt/main.cpp:BootGame:583: Citra starting…
    terminate called after throwing an instance of 'std::out_of_range’
    what(): stoull

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.
Please contact the application’s support team for more information.

I wanted to try out the multiplayer feature that Citra has and the game works fine on the bleeding edge build.

[ 0.000534] Service.FS core/file_sys/ncch_container.cpp:Load:173: ExHeader Program ID mismatch: the ROM is probably encrypted.

The ROM is encrypted. How did you dump the game?

I think that was for Alpha Sapphire, and I got the game from the leaked cia from 4chan.

1 Like

Ebin :rofl:

.CIA files are encrypted 3DS ROMs that are meant to be played on hacked/modified 3DS consoles, you’re gonna have to get a decrypted .3DS file if you want it to work on Citra… And by “get” I mean dump it from an official game cartridge/download that you acquired legally, none of this leaked stuff. Any illegally obtained ROMs of any kind are not supported nor discussed here, check the header of this forum:

Do not link or refer to downloaded ROMs, system files, or unofficial builds.

2 Likes