Citra Crashing before loading Randomized Pokemon Ultra Moon

Issue:
Citra Crashing before loading in both a regular Ultra Moon Rom and a randomized Ultra Moon file. Any avenue by which the files are selected leads to the same result; a screen loading the rom and then Citra immediately closing with no prompts, notifications, or warnings. To further elaborate, I have emulated gens 3-6 with no problem at all. I even emulated Sun right before this with no issue but Ultra Moon and it’s randomized rom appear to have some sort of proble,.

System Information

• Operating System: Windows 10
  • CPU: 2.2GHz Intel Core i7-8750H.
  • GPU: Nvidia GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6 VRAM); Intel UHD Graphics 630
  • Citra Version (found in title bar): Citra Canary 1970
  • Game: Pokemon Ultra Moon/ Pokemon Ultra Moon Randomized
  • Screenshot of Issue (include the full Citra window including titlebar):

Diagnostic Log

citra_log.txt (6.7 KB)

System Information for Support

Client Version                                Canary 1970 HEAD-7ee5bf9
Operating System                              Windows 10 (10.0)
CPU                                           Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-9750H CPU @ 2.60GHz | AVX2 | FMA
Graphics API                                  OpenGL ?
Graphics Renderer                             ?
CPU JIT                                       [x]
Hardware Renderer                             [x]
Hardware Shader                               [x]
Hardware Shader, Accurate Multiplication      [x]
Shader JIT                                    [x]
System Region                                 -1
Shader Disk Cache                             [x]

I did not find anything wrong in your log file. Please wait for a moderator to assist.

Try disabling the Disk Shader Cache in Emulation>Configuration>Graphics>Advanced Tab.

Worked like an absolute charm! No problems at all afterwards. Words cannot express how greatful I am at your advice!

Please upload another log file after launching your game. I believe you may be running Citra on your CPU’s iGPU (which may have out of date GPU drivers → causing the shader cache issue) instead of your dedicated NVIDIA GPU.
If the above is the case, we can manually set your PC to run OpenGL based tasks on your NVIDIA GPU instead, which would greatly improve performance in Citra, as well as allow you to use the Shader Cache again. Which would help a lot against stuttering in-game.

It would appear a new problem has emerged and I find myself again unable to make the Randomized ROM file work. Ultra Moon with no randomizers does work perfectly fine though so let us continue from there by having me post the log file of it running.

citra_log.txt (12.8 KB)

System Information for Support

Client Version                                Canary 1970 HEAD-7ee5bf9
Operating System                              Windows 10 (10.0)
CPU                                           Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-9750H CPU @ 2.60GHz | AVX2 | FMA
Graphics API                                  OpenGL 3.3.0
Graphics Renderer                             GeForce RTX 2060/PCIe/SSE2
GPU Driver Version                            462.31
CPU JIT                                       [x]
Hardware Renderer                             [x]
Hardware Shader                               [x]
Hardware Shader, Accurate Multiplication      [x]
Shader JIT                                    [x]
System Region                                 -1
Shader Disk Cache                             [ ]

Here’s some issues I found with your log that might help.

• You have cheats enabled. This might cause weird behaviour or crashes. Please disable them and retest if your game is experiencing bugs or crashes.

I’m having the same issue with a Pokemon X Randomizer. I will load the rom and then Citra will immediately close itself without any notification. I tried to disable the Shader Cache and it still won’t work.

Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 2600 Six-Core ProcessorGhz
OP System: Windows 10
Display: Raedon RX 5500 XT
Citra version: Nightly 1719
Game: Pokemon X Randomized using pk3DS and PackEnglishV9

Hi,

We don’t provide support with ROM hacks or Randomizations. We only provide support for the base game. If that runs without issues, then our job is done. Does your base game run without issues? if not, please upload a log file using this guide: How to Upload the Log File