Citra Crashing When Launching Game

Issue:
No matter what game I start up, Citra will run for a few seconds (displaying fps, game speed %), and then stop working (black screen, no data, not responding).
I will include the log file for Metal Gear Solid 3D, which I know works as I’ve gotten it to run just fine on my other computer (same citra build).

System Information

• Operating System: Windows 10 Home 64-bit
  • CPU: Intel Core i7 @ 2.20GHz
  • GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
  • Citra Version (found in title bar): Citra Nightly 1050
  • Game: Metal Gear Solid 3D in this case, but haven’t gotten a single one to work.
  • Screenshot of Issue (include the full Citra window including titlebar):

Diagnostic Log
Upload your log file as an attachment by dragging & dropping.
citra_log.txt (30.0 KB)

I did not find anything wrong in your log file. Please wait for a moderator to assist.

I did not find anything wrong in your log file. Please wait for a moderator to assist.

There is a bug in Citra where sometimes you need to unplug the controller first before starting the program. Take a look at this page and see if you are experiencing the same issue and if following the recommended steps alleviates the problem.

I dont have any controllers plugged in or input drivers installed

Does disabling the Enable Hardware Shaders option help? Updating your graphics drivers?

same problem with shaders disabled, video drivers are up to date

does it work with canary?

nope, same problem. heres the log from canary 961
citra_log.txt (33.1 KB)

disable v-sync, set internal resolution to native (all before launching the game).
also make sure that you don’t have any screen capture or hooking app (e.g: fraps) open.

No change, attempted this with shaders enabled and disabled too

Although it should work fine now, MGS has had multiple issues in the past. Can you get a log from a game with more compatibility testcases, and an overall good compatibility rating?

citra_log.txt (1.1 MB)
here is a log of it working on my other computer
Specs of this other computer:

• Operating System: Windows 10 Home 64-bit
  • CPU: Intel Core i7 @ 4GHz
  • GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970
  • Citra Version (found in title bar): Citra Nightly 1050

citra_log.txt (20.6 KB)
Here is a log from Metroid: Samus Returns
citra_log.txt (16.5 KB)
Here is a log from Luigi’s Mansion (I know not much testing has been done but it worked on the other computer)

I have tried copying all of the files from the appdata of the working computer to the crashing computer but that hasnt changed it

Try to copy the files from the working system (citra folder, roms, system archives), maybe some files are corrupted.