Citra Crashing When Loading Ultra Sun

When I load my Ultra Sun rom (It’s randomized btw) Citra freezes, then the cursor does the loading thing, and Citra closes, by itself, without any notice or anything.

System Information

• Operating System: Windows
  • CPU: Intel core i5 10300
  • GPU: (1)Intel UHD(2) Nvidia GeForce GTX 1650 Ti
  • Citra Version (found in title bar): Canary 1956
  • Game: Ultra Sun
  • Screenshot of Issue (include the full Citra window including titlebar):

Diagnostic Log
Upload your log file as an attachment by dragging & dropping. citra_log.txt (4.0 KB)

In order to save a copy of the log, follow this guide:
https://community.citra-emu.org/t/how-to-upload-the-log-file/296

I did not find anything wrong in your log file. Please wait for a moderator to assist.

We don’t provide support for Romhacks. Please check whether the base game has the same issues. If it does, please follow these instructions to upload a log file for it:

1. Open Citra, then go to File>Open Citra Folder and open up the log folder. Now keep that open in the background.
  2. Launch your game and encounter the problem; crash/slowdown/glitch and close citra if it doesn’t do so by itself. Do not restart citra as that will wipe the log of important information!
  3. Now upload the log file in this chat.

citra_log.txt (4.0 KB)

I did not find anything wrong in your log file. Please wait for a moderator to assist.

it doesn’t look like anything was wrong, but this time, it showed a “not responding” message

Should I screen record what I see?

Your log still doesn’t show you booting any game. Please make sure to follow the steps I gave you to the letter. If you restart Citra before uploading the log file, it will wipe the log file of all the important information.

I did exactly as you said SleepingSnake

Maybe you had another instance of Citra open at the time. Try restarting your PC and then follow the steps I gave you again immediately after.

okay, I’ll do that then, and I’ll report back to you

Uh, Citra is frozen, can’t do anything

citra_log.txt (6.6 KB) this is the regular log, but in the old one, i found something weird at the bottomcitra_log.txt.old.txt (6.6 KB)

[ 36.460904] Core <Critical> core/core.cpp:Load:293: Failed to load ROM (Error 1)!
This error usually occurs when you ‘‘build’’ your ROM incorrectly. Which usually indicated a badly edited ROM file (for romhacks or randomizers). Are you sure you uploaded a log file for the base game and not the ROM hack/randomized ROM? If you did, you’ll have to redump your game. Please refer to our Game Dumping Guides:

Dumping Game Cartridges
Dumping Installed Titles

Make sure your GM9 is updated to the latest version available and that you have enough free storage space available on your SD-Card to perform the dump.

okay, thanks SleepingSnake