Citra crashing when starting up

Issue:
when I start my citra emu it crashes saying
the version of this file is not compatible with version of windows you’re running. Check your computer’s system information to see whether you need an 86, 32 bit or 64 bit version of the program and then contact the software publisher. and i am not able to take the screen shot because of the error it is freezed

In order for us to provide better support, we need to see the log generated by Citra. This guide will walk you through how you can obtain the log file: How to Upload the Log File.

how can i get the log if the the folder in roaming is not made because I searched for it and it is not present there

Open dxdiag and screenshot the System tab (should already be on it). Alternatively screenshot properties of “This PC”, i.e:

I ask you to do this so I can see if you have 32-bit or 64-bit Windows installed.

I have a 32 bit

I see, that is why you cannot open Citra. Citra is only made for 64-bit operating systems. You will have to reformat your drive (backup first, all files will be deleted) and install the 64-bit version of Windows.

1 Like

Any alternatives for citra 32 bits???

Nope. 32-bit has been phased out (pretty sure no new computers have 32-bit Windows pre-installed). 32-bit is limited to 4GB (at least on Windows), we are way past that nowadays.

Sorry for the inconvenience.