Citra crashing without reasons

Issue:
Hi! i have this problem with citra that crashing after few minutes. Until last month it works perfectly, but after the last update, it stop working. I had citra nightly and, under suggerstion of a friend, I unistall it to citra canary, but the problem continue.
(i try to unistall and install citra a lot of time, but the problem still persist)
and when citra start doing this crash, even other app of my computer start doing the same and it cause to me lot of problem because I can’t work ._. (before this crash of citra, none of my app had problems)

System Information

• Operating System: windows 10
  • CPU: amd athlon™ x4 860k quad core processor
  • GPU: nvidia geforce gt 730
  • Citra Version (found in title bar): citra nightly and canary (i try with bot)
  • Game: animal crossing new leaf (but the problem is even when the game is not active and i remain in the menu of citra)
  • Screenshot of Issue (include the full Citra window including titlebar):

Diagnostic Log
citra_log.txt (313.9 KB)

In order to save a copy of the log, follow this guide:
https://community.citra-emu.org/t/how-to-upload-the-log-file/296

System Information for Support

Client Version                                Canary 1956 HEAD-7a60d46
Operating System                              Windows 10 (10.0)
CPU                                           AMD Athlon(tm) X4 860K Quad Core Processor     
Graphics API                                  OpenGL 3.3.0
Graphics Renderer                             GeForce GT 730/PCIe/SSE2
GPU Driver Version                            456.71
CPU JIT                                       [x]
Hardware Renderer                             [x]
Hardware Shader                               [x]
Hardware Shader, Accurate Multiplication      [x]
Shader JIT                                    [x]
System Region                                 -1
Shader Disk Cache                             [x]

Here’s some issues I found with your log that might help.

If other apps are doing the same things, it’s unlikely to be a Citra specific issue. It would make more sense for it to be an issue with your system instead.

Regardless, since you appear to have a very large cache, perhaps you suffered from a Shader Cache bug from a while ago without ever clearing the cache. We can check this by doing this:

1. Open Citra then go to File->Open Citra Folder
  2. Open shaders folder then delete the opengl folder if it is there.
  3. Start up your game and see if you’re still encountering the issue.

ok. i’m gonna try this. but other app start doing this crash AFTER the problem of citra! and the update of citra is the only different thing i’ve don on my computer before the crashes :frowning:
(this is a really bad time to have issue with computers T_T with the pandemic nobody can’t come to my house to fix the problems and I have to try by myself on the internet XD)

You’re assuming correlation here without knowing about the cause. It’s highly unlikely that Citra as a program caused literally any damage to your system. The most it would do is expose issues that your system already had.

Try the steps I suggested earlier. If it doesn’t work, please upload another log file.

1 Like

ok! I try with your suggestions for few days and it works! thanks a lot!!! <3

1 Like