Citra custom layout variables reset after loading a game

Issue:
Currently using Citra on my steamdeck, installed via emudeck. Been playing on desktop mode so I can have both screens between my main monitor and the deck. Everything is nearly perfect but for some reason the “custom_top_left\default” and “custom_top_top\default” variables in the qt-config keep resetting to “true” every time I boot a game up. All this really does is have the top screen off center, which is livable, but it’s odd that only these two values reset when everything else stays the same. Am I missing something?

System Information

• Operating System: SteamOS 3.0 (Arch-based)
  • CPU: Zen 2 4c/8t, 2.4-3.5GHz (up to 448 GFlops FP32)
  • GPU: 8 RDNA 2 CUs, 1.0-1.6GHz (up to 1.6 TFlops FP32)
  • Citra Version: Citra Nightly 1772
  • Game: Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney
  • Screenshot of Issue (include the full Citra window including titlebar):
    N/A

Diagnostic Log
citra_log(1).txt (94.2 KB)

System Information for Support

Client Version                               Nightly 1772   HEAD-355933218
Operating System                             KDE Flatpak runtime
CPU                                          AMD Custom APU 0405 | AVX2 | FMA
Graphics API                                 OpenGL 4.6
Graphics Renderer                            AMD VANGOGH (DRM 3.45.0, 5.13.0-valve21.3-1-neptune, LLVM 12.0.1)
GPU Driver Version                           ?
CPU JIT                                      [x]
Hardware Renderer                            [x]
Hardware Shader                              [x]
Hardware Shader, Accurate Multiplication     [ ]
Shader JIT                                   [x]
System Region                                -1
Shader Disk Cache                            [x]

Here’s some issues I found with your log that might help.

• Enabling Accurate Multiplication is recomended in certain games. If you are experiencing graphical glitches, try enabling this option.
  • The CPU Clock percentage is not 100%. You may experience unexpected game speed.

Make sure that whilst you’re editing the config file, Citra is closed. If Citra is open, it’ll write the default values to the config file upon closing, hence why any changes made the config file whilst Citra is open, won’t work. Additionally, make sure that you’ve saved the changes to the config file and closed it before opening Citra again.

Let me know if the issue persists.

Thank you so much, that’s what I had to do. Hoping for an easier way to edit these layouts in the future but that’s another topic. Cheers.

1 Like