Citra deletes itself upon exiting

Issue:
I downloaded Citra for the first time today. Upon downloading Citra, all works well. Load up, play games, emulator works well, thanks to the team for making it. Unfortunately, when I exit the software, the following files delete themselves from my Citra>mingw folder:

• citra-qt.exe
  • SDL2.dll
  • zlib1.dll

This happens with both Canary and Nightly versions. This happens both by using the “Exit” button under the File(?) menu, and in the “X” in the windows explorer bar above it. Uninstalling and reinstalling Citra does not reinstall these files, instead doing everything but them, and prompting me with the following warning:

“Error during installation process (org.citra.nightly.mingw): Error while extracting archive “installer://org.citra.nightly.mingw/954citra-windows-mingw-20180904-ae6007b.7z”: Cannot open file “C:\Users%Name%\AppData\Local\Citra\nightly-mingw\citra-qt.exe” for writing: Access is denied.”

Running as administrator doesn’t help,and I can’t seem to get access to simply copy the necessary files over to the otherwise fine folders.

Please let me know if I need to provide any more information, and thank you in advance for your help.

System Information

• Operating System: Windows
  • CPU: Intel® Core™ i7-6700HQ CPU @ 2.60GHz, 2601 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)
  • GPU: NVidia 960M
  • Citra Version (found in title bar): 954
  • Game: N/A
  • Screenshot of Issue (include the full Citra window including titlebar):
    N/A, cannot reopen

Diagnostic Log
InstallationLog.txt (2.3 KB)

Restart you computer and try again.

2 Likes

Welp, I feel stupid. Sorry for wasting your time, it works fine now. Thank you.