Citra emulator won't start

Issue: Hi I have a problem, my citra emulator won’t launch/execute . It used to work a few months ago but since the many updates, it doesn’t anymore.(I’m using the same pc)
citra_log.txt (98 Bytes)
Enter a description of your issue here, in full detail.

System Information

• Operating System: windows 10
  • CPU: i7-7500u 2.70 GHz
  • GPU: radeon™ R5 M430
  • Citra Version (found in title bar): latest one
  • Game:
  • Screenshot of Issue (include the full Citra window including titlebar):

Diagnostic Log
Upload your log file as an attachment by dragging & dropping.

In order to save a copy of the log, follow this guide:
https://community.citra-emu.org/t/how-to-upload-the-log-file/296

Make sure you have done step 1 correctly at How to Upload the Log File ). Your log filter is currently set to *:Critical which is incorrect, you must set it to *:Info

Upload a new log after you have done that.

followed the steps and windows cant find it, but i think that there’s no log file because i can’t boot citra

Please make sure you’ve added an exception to your virus scanner. If that doesn’t work, press both the Windows Key + R at the same time. Then type winver into the resulting box and press OK. A new window should pop up with your windows version and OS build. If it says you have Microsoft Windows Version 1909, you’ll have to update your Windows Version to Windows Version 2004. That would fix the issue.

If that’s not the case, navigate to C:\Users\''insert your username''\AppData\Roaming\Citra\config. Open up the qt-config.ini and search for the [Miscellaneous] section. You should find your log filter option there. Change it to log_filter=*:Info.
Then follow the steps from the link again: How to Upload the Log File.
The log folder is found in C:\Users\''insert your username''\AppData\Roaming\Citra\log

ok ill give it a try, thanks

Hey, updating the windows version, worked. Thanks for the help

2 Likes