Citra even won't open

Issue:
Hello there. Problem as in the topic - I can’t open Citra both Canary and Nightly. Problem has appeared after some time, when I download Citra for the first time it was working excellent, the game too. Maybe after 3 hours I want to play but then problem has appeared - when I click on Citra opening app, it’s open but there’s a white screen, no more loading and if I want to shut down quickly I must use task manager. I tried to reinstall, compatibility mode but no effect.

If you don’t understand something from this tell me, I didn’t use English language for a long time :wink:

System Information

• Operating System: Win10 64bit
  • CPU: i7-8750H
  • GPU: GTX 1050Ti
  • Citra Version (found in title bar):
  • Game: Pokemon Y
  • Screenshot of Issue (include the full Citra window including titlebar):

Diagnostic Log
I can’t have a log because Citra doesn’t work.

In order for us to provide better support, we need to see the log generated by Citra. This guide will walk you through how you can obtain the log file: How to Upload the Log File.

Let’s see if the same happens on a manual build.
Download citra-windows-mingw-20201004-1c8461f.7z (direct link) from https://github.com/citra-emu/citra-nightly/releases/tag/nightly-1628
Extract it using Winrar or 7zip. Put the extracted folder anywhere you want. Run the citra-qt.exe inside the extracted nightly-mingw folder.

If you’re still having the problem after that, create a folder called user inside the nightly-mingw folder. so that it looks like this:

Then launch citra-qt.exe from nightly-mingw again and see if the problem persists.

Man, you’re my master - it works! :grin: Thanks a lot! :smiley:

If it only worked after creating the user folder, type %appdata% into your windows search bar and press Enter. That should open up a folder called Roaming. Enter the folder called Citra and delete everything inside. After that, try to launch citra normally again (I.E launch the installer version, not the manual version). See if the problem is fixed.

I know this is old but will my game data save?

Following these steps will wipe your save file yes. Though it’s very much possible that you’re not experiencing the same problem as the user above was. Please create your own support topic and fill out the template so that we can provide better support.

I have the same problem. But mine was the citra didnt appear at all. I did all the instruction above, but i still cannot play it. At first installation it work perfectly.
My pc is intel core i3-6100
Ram 4gb ddr4
Os window 10