Citra.exe is not running

Issue:
Citra.exe does not run.

System Information

• Operating System: Windows 10 Version 1803 (OS build 17134.648)
  • CPU: Intel® Core™ i5-7200U CPU @ 2.50GHz (4CPUs), ~2.7GHz
  • GPU: Intel® HD Graphics 620
  • Citra Version: Canary Build - 9db7b4d
  • Game: N/A
  • Screenshot of Issue (include the full Citra window including titlebar): N/A because it is the command prompt tab opening, showing one line of code, and closing in less than 10 milliseconds. Here is a screenshot of the file and surrounding files:

Diagnostic Log

N/A as Citra does not run.

In order for us to provide better support, we need to see the log generated by Citra. This guide will walk you through how you can obtain the log file: How to Upload the Log File.

@SSBU, you are supposed to use citra-qt.exe for Citra GUI.
Citra.exe is the command line interface.

Please use the installer which can be downloaded from our Website.

@CaptV0rt3x When I use Citra-qt.exe, the citra GUI appears, but it cannot see any of my .3ds files. The .3ds files itself are not in any folder, .zip, or .rar.

@flTobi When I use the installer, it either gets stuck at 43% or %83 saying "Retrieving meta information from remote repository.” Sometimes it gets into the installer, but it then gets stuck at 1% I recive an error message saying that the handshake failed.

For the installer error, it might just be due to your internet. Try clearing out temporary files and cookies(Use CCleaner free) and try again.

Also, in the GUI, you need to add your games folder (use the big plus icon and select the folder). Then it shall display the games in the list.

1 Like

Thanks, I’ll try them both and notify you if they work or not.

I just realized the second one now and why you need to add the folder, I am not sure what is wrong with the installer thing, and I might check that out later, but the adding the games folder worked! Thanks so much :o

1 Like