Citra exits itself when trying to open Decrypted ROM

Issue:
I have my Pokemon SUN Decrypted ROM. I have sully installed Citra Nightly. I am running cirta-qt as admin. I have updated C++ as per the FAQ prior to install. I have redownloaded and reinstalled many times. The emulator detects my game. I double click to start the game, then it loads for 2 seconds and closes. No error. No crash. Just closes. I have tried to get something off the log file, but it remains blank, possibly because the game hasn’t actually launched. When I enter back into Citra, I have to locate my game directory again.

System Information

• Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium
  • CPU: Intel Core i5-3550 CPU @ 3.30Ghz
  • GPU: AMD Radeon 7700
  • Citra Version (found in title bar): Citra Nightly #789
  • Game: Pokemon SUN
  • Screenshot of Issue (include the full Citra window including titlebar): Cannot take screenshot as no error occurs. It would just be a screenshot of the desktop.

Diagnostic Log
I have tried everything and anything to get something to appear in the log but i remains blank no matter what.

In order for us to provide better support, we need to see the log generated by Citra. This guide will walk you through how you can obtain the log file: How to Upload the Log File.

Could you try latest canary:

No luck. Still the same issue.
I’ve been googling and searching forums for days and haven’t seen anyone else with this issue so I can only assume it’s something on my end but I can’t think of what it could be??

Are you sure you’re opening citra-qt.exe and not citra.exe? If you used the installer, the shortcut would open this.

No, I’m definitely opening citra-qt.
The double click i was talking about is when I’m actually ckicking on the game.

It’s hard to determine the cause of the issue without the log. Try redumping your game.

Just redumped sun and dumped moon as well as a contolled test.
No success with either… this is so frustrating.

this is odd, does that happen to any other app on your pc? it doesn’t look like a citra issue.
try dragging your rom file into citra.exe on citra folder.

You should not be running Citra as admin, because it opens up a security hole in your system.

Would this be cause of my issue? Because running normally gave the same problem. Thanks for the side note though.

Could you try to record the desktop when you face this issue ?
(Start recording before you open citra & end it after the crash)
It’d clear things up.

No, it wouldn’t, I just figured I would point that out because Citra is currently not very security oriented, that is, a malicious homebrew breaking out of Citra’s sandbox wouldn’t be entirely unheard of.