Citra for Mac OS X 10.9.5

Issue:
Running Mac OS X 10.9.5, trying to figure out if there is a way to run Citra at all. I tried asking a while ago on a different forum, I came across this, and I’m looking to ask for help to run a 3DS emulator on my Mac. Someone said that Mac OS X 10.9 works with Citra here:

Let me know if there is a version of Citra running for Mac OS X 10.9.5 with my computer specs. Thank you. :slight_smile:

System Information

• Operating System: Mac OS X 10.9.5
  • CPU: 2.2 GHz Intel Core i7
  • GPU: Intel HD Graphics 3000 512 MB
  • Citra Version (found in title bar): None yet
  • Game: Metroid Samus Returns
  • Screenshot of Issue (include the full Citra window including titlebar): None needed

Diagnostic Log
See attached

citra log.txt (38.4 KB)

In order for us to provide better support, we need to see the log generated by Citra. This guide will walk you through how you can obtain the log file: How to Upload the Log File.

That was more than a year ago, citra currently requires macOS 10.12 Sierra or higher, so you would need to update to at least this version. bootcamping would only support OpenGL 3.1, however, under linux it has OpenGL 3.3 with mesa drivers.

Is there a way to get the version of citra that works with my specs? Thank you. :slight_smile:

you can try to find that yourself (i don’t know exactly when citra dropped maverick support), for instance this is the first canary build or the first nightly build. needless to say, those older build are slower, buggier, etc.