Citra forgets Ultra Sun target FPS after save and restart

Not an issue I’m having but I’m helping a friend troubleshoot. On first launch, Pokemon Ultra Sun runs at a solid 30fps and claims 100% speed. However, once a save file is created and the game is restarted I assume Citra thinks that Ultra Sun is supposed to run at 60fps. What this results in is completely broken audio and the game rendering at about 40fps and Citra claiming the game is running at 65-70% speed.

After about an hour of tweaking settings and troubleshooting, the only fix is to delete the game save from the directory in appdata/roaming. Which obviously isn’t a feasible solution.

System Information

• Operating System: Windows 10 Pro
  • CPU: i5 4460
  • GPU: GTX 1060
  • Citra Version: Nightly 962 and Canary 842
  • Game: Pokemon Ultra Sun

In order for us to provide better support, we need to see the log generated by Citra. This guide will walk you through how you can obtain the log file: How to Upload the Log File.

Make sure that ‘Limit Speed Percent’ is at 100%, be aware that some hotkeys changes this setting, the - and + keys, both top row and numpad increase and decrease emulation speed and ctrl + z unlocks the framerate.

Limit speed stays at 100%, first thing I checked. Like I said I’ve spent quite a while troubleshooting and all the settings are correct. Literally the only difference that causes this issue is the presence of a save file.

Go ingame where this fps issue occurs, close citra and upload your log.

citra_log.txt (139.2 KB)

I’m also going to save my own log and see if I can spot any major differences

I did not find anything wrong in your log file. Please wait for a moderator to assist.

try reducing internal resolution, see if you spot any major framerate differences.

No frame rate differences when changing the rendering resolution, it’s running at above the game’s original framerate anyway

Edit: For everyone reading with a similar issue, the problem resolves itself if you keep playing. Very weird that it happens at all though.