Citra FPS drops in cutscenes

Issue:
I can run games at 200% speed but in all cutscenes the FPS drops to 1-4. I’ve tried to change some configurations, but didn’t have any positive results. I hope you can help me!

System Information
Xiaomi Redmi Note 9 Pro - 6GB RAM

In order for us to provide better support, we need to see the log generated by Citra. This guide will walk you through how you can obtain the log file: How to Upload the Log File.

We need more information to help you. Please reply with this template completely filled out:

System Information:

• Operating System:
  • CPU:
  • GPU:
  • Citra Version (found in title bar):
  • Game:
  • Screenshot of Issue (include the full Citra window including titlebar):
  • Upload the citra_log.txt file from this thread by dragging and dropping it here as a file attachment.
    Specifically, please upload a log file ^ as that will contain a lot of the other information as well.

citra_log.txt (7.2 KB)

I’m using citra on Android, the latest version. I’m currently playing Digimon World Re:Digitize, but I’ve had the same problem with Monster Hunter Stories and Pokemon.

I’m not sure about the Digimon game, but for MHS we do have something included in on our Wiki that helps boost performance in that title specifically: Monster Hunter Generations · citra-emu/citra-games-wiki Wiki · GitHub

The cutscene issues might be because of them using FMVs a lot. Which is difficult for Citra to emulate properly, causing the slowdown. There’s nothing you can do about this currently on the Android build.